Is a cj-6 valuable

Rumble13

City
menifee
State
ca
I think I messed up trying to post this for the first time LOL is a cj6 worth much? Happened to stumble across edeal online looks really clean no top but must have been kept inside because the interior is upholstery and it still in great shape. I think it's a 4-speed with a straight 6 and 32 inch tires.
Seems to be clean with no rust

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Anything is valuable to the right buyer.

Will you retire from appreciation on any Jeep? NO!

Is a CJ-6 cool and unique? YES!

Is it ideal off-road? No. (CJ-6 has a longer wheelbase than an 8 making for bad break-over angles, but it has a better departure angle.)

Ronald Reagan had a CJ-6, then a CJ-8. So, I guess that makes them presidential.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Is it ideal off-road? No. (CJ-6 has a longer wheelbase than an 8 making for bad break-over angles, but it has a better departure angle.)
Pretty sure the wheel base was shorter or just about the same, not longer. Everything I have ever read anyway. I had a CJ6. It was complete and a basket case and got $1000 or $1500 for it, can't remember.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Pretty sure the wheel base was shorter or just about the same, not longer. Everything I have ever read anyway. I had a CJ6. It was complete and a basket case and got $1000 or $1500 for it, can't remember.
Well, look at that. I thought it was longer, but is 2.5” shorter (Early versions, same wheelbase for late models.)

That means they are shorter overall?

Rumble13

City
menifee
State
ca
Anything is valuable to the right buyer.

Will you retire from appreciation on any Jeep? NO!

Is a CJ-6 cool and unique? YES!

Ronald Reagan had a CJ-6, then a CJ-8. So, I guess that makes them presidential.
Cj6 is actually shorter than a cj8. I think it's about the perfect length with no crazy overhang to be honest. I just don't like the door area looks like a CJ5 which I've never really loved that half bottom door look