Is there a pic of Black 8 with Orange Phoenix grachics

Loyalpoke

Legacy Registered User
City
Stillwater
State
ok
After 20 yrs of planning and saving, my old 8 is at the body/paint shop. I am keeping it stock as possible. It is black and I'm thinking using Phoenix Grachics Orange/Orange. Does anyone have a picture of this combo? The only one I found online didn't show the orange colors very well. o

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Somewhere online I found this one, and I remember there being others. Maybe a reverse Google image search can find them, but I'll leave that up to you:

used-1983-jeep-scrambler-cj8-180-17029773-3-640.jpg

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Somewhere online I found this one, and I remember there being others. Maybe a reverse Google image search can find them, but I'll leave that up to you:

View attachment 80908
I think this one is the red graphics. https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0818-330568/1983-jeep-scrambler/

This one is kind of orange, but I don't know if they are from PG. http://classiccardb.com/jeep/93506-1981-jeep-scrambler-restored-custom-wheels-tires-stunning.html I wasn't able to find the actual orange 83' graphics on black. hmmm

I think with the black base you could go with any of the color combos and it would look killer. Here is blue, https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0115-203228/1981-jeep-cj-8-scrambler/

And the yellow version that's usually combined with a tan interior would look great too. http://smclassiccars.com/jeep/108515-1983-jeep-scrambler.html

Any PG color will look great I think, especially the orange.

Loyalpoke

Legacy Registered User
City
Stillwater
State
ok
Thanks this is helpful. After seeing these am considering changing which PHX graphics design I use. The exact color, or shade thereof, is hard to see in all the pics. I'm picky as this will be my gameday, parade and tailgating vehichle. I'm waiting to hear from PHX, maybe they can give me pantone numbers.
Thanks again!

Loyalpoke

Legacy Registered User
City
Stillwater
State
ok
At the top of the this CJ-8 page, there is a black and a nutmeg Scrambler. Are the grahics (two tone stripe) on the nutmeg specific to a year model? Specifically, was it on any 83's? Both of my 83's have had the three stripe graphics.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
At the top of the this CJ-8 page, there is a black and a nutmeg Scrambler. Are the grahics (two tone stripe) on the nutmeg specific to a year model? Specifically, was it on any 83's? Both of my 83's have had the three stripe graphics.
Different years, different strip packages.

Loyalpoke

Legacy Registered User
City
Stillwater
State
ok
DesignerRob, that is very helpful! That is basically the set I'm looking at from PHX graphics. They are sending me samples to see the exact shade of orange. I was surprised they couldn't tell me the Pantone number of the colors, but appreciated sending me samples.

Scramblin Man.... yes, I think I am anyway. 83-84 all has the three color decal set, correct? The pic of the black 8 on your profile, is it an 81-82 style decal? honestly, I will go with which ever decal set has the shades of Orange I'm looking for. Some are too red, I can't go there. Loyal and True OSU orange is all that is permitted in this family!

Is Phoenix graphics the only reliable source?

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Golden eagle decals does Laredo, but truthfully Phoenix Graphics is your best option. I recently did mine and I was happy with both the quality and relative ease of installation.

Fair warning - buy their install gel, two bottles if you want. I thought it was well worth the price, though many people just use soapy water. Mark as much as you can using a china marker ahead of time. Practice on smaller pieces before moving up to the side stripes. Have a helper. Do it on a calm, warm day.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Ah yes, not enough pics though. :giggle: So cool. I remember now. Now that it's all together you should do a really nice photo shoot. Definitely has to be one of the nicest on the forum.

City
Coventry Township
State
OH
After 20 yrs of planning and saving, my old 8 is at the body/paint shop. I am keeping it stock as possible. It is black and I'm thinking using Phoenix Grachics Orange/Orange. Does anyone have a picture of this combo? The only one I found online didn't show the orange colors very well. o
Like this?

Attachments