It's time to start making some changes.....

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I was expecting the next national to be in two years but things have changed since last weekend. Its now time to put this motor and trans in and get it tested. Tomorrow I'm going to take a perfectly good working Jeep and disassemble it to put the new motor and trans in. BTW, anybody looking for a complete drop in aluminum headed fuel injected 4 bolt main and T400 transmission? I mean complete with ps pump, a/c compressor, and manifolds.

Attachments

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I made some good progress on Saturday. I cut off the existing cross members that the PO welded in and ended up getting the engine, trans, and t-case in the frame. Now comes the time consuming part of getting it all to work together in the chassis. I was able so far to get the stock A/C compressor to fit so that is a plus.

Attachments

rstickley

SOA Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
I am soooo jealous! I have the engine and trans sitting in my shop and all I need is about $2,500 to complete the install. Looking good! Would an 8.1 fit without much modification? Now that would be some fun!

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I'd pass on the 8.1.....It's too heavy and do you really need all of the torque that it can provide? I'd prefer lightening up the Jeep some and have a bit more HP than the SBC that was in it already.

jhopcj8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Wow, looks amazing. And I just keeping thinking about getting rid of my 258 for a SBC!

rstickley

SOA Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
I'd pass on the 8.1.....It's too heavy and do you really need all of the torque that it can provide? I'd prefer lightening up the Jeep some and have a bit more HP than the SBC that was in it already.
I didn't mean that I have one but just think it would be fun to play with. I have an all aluminum 5.3 to go in mine.