• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jeep cj7 83 right hand drive 4x4 5 sp british export - part II

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
The drive video is going to have to wait a while as it is tucked away from the evil New England salt and ice/rain/sleet/cold, etc.
Pictures have been coming up through the thread, I plan on taking more when the weather breaks... anything in particular you would like to see?

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Side steps refurbished. 50 bucks for powdercoaters and grip tape. Some pitting and bends but overall very nice. Thanks again alex!

cb
Sent from the garage

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Side steps refurbished. 50 bucks for powdercoaters and grip tape. Some pitting and bends but overall very nice. Thanks again alex!

cb
Sent from the garage
They look delicious. About the pitting, I've had some of that before on seat brackets and wotnot, I wonder if between blasting and pcoating you could fill and flush the pits with Devcon or similar "metal" putty? Something which could handle the heat of the powder coating process

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Guessing you just used skateboard tape for the grip tape? Did you cut it straight or have to put a bend in it for the front section to line up?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Guessing you just used skateboard tape for the grip tape? Did you cut it straight or have to put a bend in it for the front section to line up?
Yes, 3M type skateboard tape... and yes, it curves opposite ways for/depending on which side you are on.

They aren't perfect by any stretch, but they came out pretty nice and once mounted up, the pitting will be somewhat hard to see with the angles.
As for the underside (not pictured), it cleaned up all the gunk/rust/mud, etc. that was there, and powdercoated it, so now it should last a while.

cb