• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jeep JL recall

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
Wow! Where was quality control? Welding robots can't tell when they aren't working wright. If they keep this up, Jeep may become a fiat (ghost).

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
You know, I'd been kicking around the idea of a new JT. Not any more. The quality there is terrifying.

I love the idiots in that thread saying it's no big deal. Have the Russians managed to infiltrate every forum out there, or are people really just idiots?

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I wonder if it's truly bad welding or if there is just more stress on the frame than engineers anticipated.

Anyway, I need to add it to my list of things to avoid in a new Jeep purchase...
- anything with frame welds (new concern).
- anything with an automatic.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
I wonder if it's truly bad welding or if there is just more stress on the frame than engineers anticipated.
It appears from some of the pictures of the bracket that the weld was on the frame and never touched the bracket.
weld.Jpg

Word is that the frames are outsourced.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
We use to joke about the cj's being put together then shot with primer and painted (pull windshield hinge off and find bear steel). You would still get 7 to 10 years on the bodies. I couldn't imagine not getting a year out of the jeep without frame problems.