• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep Renegade

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You can have safety and emissions standards out the ying yang without butt-ugliness. Just sayin ! :wave:

I get what you're saying, all I'm saying is you can't avoid Jeep having little gas sipper type things like this.

I don't think most of the "ruining Jeep" type comments people make about Jeep have to do with looks/butt-ugliness as much as a hatred of these mass-appeal, low-power, non-capable, road-going vehicles :shrug: I'm just saying that they're a necessary evil. The looks are something else.

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
I get what you're saying, all I'm saying is you can't avoid Jeep having little gas sipper type things like this.

These types of Jeeps are a must if they want to keep selling Wranglers. New CAFE standards make sure of that.

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
If selling masses of cars we would not buy lets Jeep make unique improvements to the Jeep we like...I am all for it.

Sent from my LG-E970

Jeepin

Legacy Registered User
City
Dexter
State
MI
Just saw this for the first time. Kill it with Fire!!! is all that came to mind lol

Scramblur

Legacy Registered User
City
Canyon
State
Tx
This is way uglier than the Cherokee!! But I guess I am one of the few that does not hate it. Not a fan of the grille but the rest of the Chero looks ok. Kinda like a baby Grand.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
It's butt ugly. Period. But, if the wife came home and said she was interested in a Prius for better fuel economy... you can bet I'd try and sell her on one of these first.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
If selling masses of cars we would not buy...

If a diesel option were to become available, I'd most definitely consider buying this and I might consider it in gas if I were to be able to fit comfortably and we were in a position to retire the LJ from DD status.

This would make a great option to head down/back to our office in Cincinnati over putting miles on the LJ and should blow away the highway mileage we could get with the JK.

If MOPAR is smart, a very nice roof rack/cargo box option is in the works for this to allow extra storage for longer trips. If I were on the MOPAR team, I'd also be looking at ways to get a motorcycle-sized trailer behind this with matching paint and tires/rims for the same reason. I'd have them sitting on the dealer lots ready to slap on a trailer hitch ball. I think they'd sell a boatload of them for folks who only really use all the space in an SUV/minivan for longer trips. That pretty well defines our use of our JK.

Nothing saying that same trailer wouldn't work nicely behind JKs either.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
In all seriousness... This Jeep will probably be the next Suzuki Samurai. Its ugly, yes... But I like it better than the new Cherokee. (I still hate it though)