wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Are those SE running boards on this tan Scrambler? I remember seeing an '8 locally when I was a teenager with those diamond plate running boards on it. Dad always complained about the wide-tracs throwing mud down the side of the Jeep, and when I pointed those out he said the dealer had offered those to him but he wanted something sturdier.

I ended up having Scott Anderson make me some steel running steps that will bolt on by sandwiching the frame, that look like Warrior Products "Rock Barz"

Were this SE or just something the local dealer happened to be selling?

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthrea...CJ-8-Scramblers-2-500-00-Each-Bartlesville-OK

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Don't know - I've got a set from Dain, I think it was, a number of years ago. They appear a little wobbly, never installed them but they seem like they'd be that way. If I ever get that far they will be installed. For now they look just like the ones in the picture.

Jersey?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I am aware of Jeep SE RBs for J trucks and FSJ Cherokees/Wags having had them before (an immediately took them off :smokin:) and IIRC, they did CJ ones too. The ones I have seen have a AMC Jeep Logo near the front edge. The aluminum detail is similar to that on that tan scrambler...and maybe the jeep SE sticker fell off.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I was reminded about this when this rusty heap of a 82 Cherokee has these running boards with sticker placed near the center but my 81 has sticker placed at the edge. These will be available really cheap if anyone wants to make scrambler ones out of these :eek:

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Don't know - I've got a set from Dain, I think it was, a number of years ago. They appear a little wobbly, never installed them but they seem like they'd be that way. If I ever get that far they will be installed. For now they look just like the ones in the picture.

Jersey?
Yes you did. When they were mounted and the supports were in place it was surprising to me that they could hold my weight with no problem.

Oh and the PO told me they were on the Jeep from the dealer (as told by his PO). So who knows.

Dawg180

Basic User
City
North Aurora
State
IL
I was reminded about this when this rusty heap of a 82 Cherokee has these running boards with sticker placed near the center but my 81 has sticker placed at the edge. These will be available really cheap if anyone wants to make scrambler ones out of these :eek:

I would be interested in getting them from you if nothing else to see how they mount up and fit.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk. :)

Sven