ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I have been collecting new lenses for the exterior lights on the Overlander. It looks like Jeep Addict had replaced the front turn signals, but they are already starting to crack, and the rear lenses are looking a bit sad. So far I have gotten this:

C2F176C2-6A5B-4F31-A0BF-AF9E8F02CE08.jpeg

Top 3 taillights are lenses only, bottom 3 are lens and fixtures. The bottom 2 turn signals are lenses and fixtures, top 2 are passenger side lenses only. (One was supposed to be a driver side since the front lenses are side specific.). The right 2 are reverse lights,lenses and fixtures. These 2 are the hardest ones to find. I have not found a store selling them, only NOS from eBay and such.

The rear lights were also used on John Deere tractors in Australia and New Zeland. The front turn signals were used on several tractors in England. Go figure. :shrug:

This should brighten up the overall look. :thumbsup:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I thought it was a game played on long road trips with friends or in elevators

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
The front turn signal lenses are still available from Hella. I had a source for the rear clears, too, but would have to go dig up that info. Never had much luck with the tailights.

I think there is also a guy in OZ repopping the angled front turn signal base now.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
The front turn signal lenses are still available from Hella. I had a source for the rear clears, too, but would have to go dig up that info. Never had much luck with the tailights.

I think there is also a guy in OZ repopping the angled front turn signal base now.
Any help on the clear lens would be greatly appreciated.

The rear lenses were bought from an online auto parts store in Australia as I recall. Ordered them a month ago, just too time to make their way across the ocean. If you need the name and the part number I can look up my order info. I think they are still in production.

I have not found a state-side company selling these foreign rule lenses.

Still need to get spare clear reverse lenses and the spare front turn signal lens (I thought I ordered a single spare passenger and a single spare driver side, but the description and model numbers from the company I ordered them from were a bit cryptic).

The company making the angled adapter is the same one contracting a company to make the reproduction mud flaps that look great, but are smaller than the original and constructed slightly different. (Jeep City)

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
The lenses for the rear tail lights were bought from https://www.ozautoelectrics.com/

Red / Amber Lens to suit Hella 2396

The lenses for the front turn signals were bought from https://www.malpasonline.co.uk/

56138 RH Front Combination Light | Hella (2BE003184061)
56137 Front Combinaton Light (LH)
56198 Replacement Lens - Front Left Light for S.56137
56199 Replacement Lens - Front Right Light for S.56138

Again, Malpas either mis-shipped one of the lenses, or mis-labled it in their catalog. (Just one of the risks in doing overseas transactions, if you are not willing to absorb some risk and $ loss, this probably is not for you :twocents:)

The reverse lights were bought on ebay. The rear taillight assemblies were also bought on ebay (Australia ebay).

The shipping for most of these items was as much if not more than the cost of the lenses, hence the reason I bought so many. The shipping was minimum charges and did not go up with a larger order, so I figured order a bunch once and have spares for the future.

On some of the overseas auctions I had to contact the seller to arrange for overseas shipping as they were originally listed as shipping to the local country only. As with all things long distance, your mileage may vary and there is always an inherent risk in these transactions. :twocents:

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
The other part I still need to locate are the reflectors. I did not really do an in depth search for them yet, but I would like to get a new set and a couple spares.