KC hilights

acorbacho

Basic User
City
Boston
State
MA
I'm definatly going with KC lights when I purchase a set of windsheild lights with some new funds this week. Does anyone think its worth the money to go with the slim lights...can any of those kc lights fit with the windsheild bracket? If so, what kind would you recomend. Finally, is it ok to mount driving lights that high?

As you can tell...I have done very little with lighting since I got the thing, but after drivin the other night and nearly hitting a biker, I could tell i was in need of some reinforcment

Any opinions/advice much appreciated,
-Alex

ilovetrains

slightly backward
City
Lee's Summit
State
MO
slimlights work well in windshield bracket

They work great in a windshield bracket. They leave a good amount of space between the light housing and the windshield. The problem you would face is that they are 100 watt, and most states limit on road lighting to 55 watt, plus I think you cannot mount anything that high for on road use.

acorbacho

Basic User
City
Boston
State
MA
Even though they may be illegal for road use...nobody will know, as the only time they would be utilized would be when the road was pitch black. Do KC driving lights really shine that much light as to be illegal for on road use?
-Alex

ilovetrains

slightly backward
City
Lee's Summit
State
MO
brighter than most headlights

acorbacho said:
Even though they may be illegal for road use...nobody will know, as the only time they would be utilized would be when the road was pitch black. Do KC driving lights really shine that much light as to be illegal for on road use?
-Alex
When viewed from the front, as in someone behind on the trail running them, they are brighter than regular headlights. The light pattern is not the same, shorter throw, but to the oncoming driver, they are awful bright.