• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Laredo grab bars

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I might have a one of my original grab bars in the parts stash somewhere that I can send you Kim. Better for you to make it pretty than for it to sit on a shelf. I'll try to look this weekend.

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Got the grab bar last week and have to say that it looks awesome. Definitely fit for any restoration.

Kim does such great work for us between the aluminum end caps, the grab bars and other stuff. Can you try Laredo steering wheels next?

Thanks again Kim,

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Thanks Michael. When I get all the leather for the different colors, then steering wheels are a possibility. Honey leather is on the way. My supplier had to order it. Nutmeg and Garnet paint is scheduled to arrive on Friday. Napa gets close but I'm hoping this will be exact.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
This morning I got the Honey leather and the sewing and hand stitching threads to go with it. Got the first Honey grab bar done today. Whoever is interested in this color let me know. This is thick, strong Rolls Royce leather and the first one is ready to go.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Will you be posting a picture of the finished honey one ?. I am sure we are all asking in our minds right now where the pic is :drool: :bow:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
O yea

sent from my flaming samsung note7

Now I have the KoolAid guy in my head

4YGU0AN-1.jpg

cb

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Your always where the koolaid guy.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I got the Nutmeg and Garnet paint and painted some grab bars in those colors. Now I have good paint colors for all five colors. Still looking for the best match in leather. Thanks to BRKLYNZ28 for loaning me low mileage Slate Blue and Nutmeg grab bars. Excellent match on the paint. Nice to have the real thing to match to.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Perfection takes time. Glad its helping

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Nutmeg, Slate Blue, and Garnet bars are painted and padded. I have samples of leather that look nice. I am waiting on leather samples from two sources to make sure I have the best matches available. I should have them next week. You can see pictures of the black and honey bars on ebay. Sorry I don't know how to post pictures on this site.

jeepman1@cfu.ne

Basic User
City
cedar falls
State
ia
Hi Kim Dawson , Can you pm me back as I would be interested in the grab bar covers and have some questions for you as well.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
All five colors available now. Sold 3 on ebay this last week. I feel bad having to charge 300 to the ebay people (40 in fees) when members here only pay 220 exchange. Suprisingly, so far there is a lot more interest on ebay. I guess you guys know where to get one whenever you are ready.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
You have that right:thumbsup:. Your on my list for this summer to get one.

Margaritaville

Basic User
City
Buffalo
State
Ny
Kim,

I have a roll of nutmeg seat leather and would like to have you restore my Laredo grab bar. I have had the bar painted so only the leather needs to be applied. I could drop these in the mail to you tomorrow if you aren't too backed up.

Thanks!
Owen