Laredo?

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
Hey guys,
Is there any way to tell if your Scrambler is a Laredo? I wave the seats with the silver stripes, tach and clock, chrome grill cover with black pinstripe around outer edge, leather wrapped OS bar, factory air. Would the VIN number tell you?

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Not the vin, but the trim codes which are on the vin plate on the firewall.

https://www.cj-8.com/threads/paint-trim-and-drive-train-codes.29603/

If the seat trim is listed as "J", the seats had the purse straps typical of Laredos like you have. The tach/clock were options that were occasionally found in non-laredos, and anything can be swapped in later (see my jeep for example) , but the seat code is almost a dead giveaway.

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
Not the vin, but the trim codes which are on the vin plate on the firewall.

https://www.cj-8.com/threads/paint-trim-and-drive-train-codes.29603/

If the seat trim is listed as "J", the seats had the purse straps typical of Laredos like you have. The tach/clock were options that were occasionally found in non-laredos, and anything can be swapped in later (see my jeep for example) , but the seat code is almost a dead giveaway.
That is great info, thank you. I will let you know what I find.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Hmm, that'd indicate black high back vinyl seats (non-Laredo). Laredo would be 1EJ.

There's a slim chance you might still have a build sheet under the driver side seat, but to me it sounds like there's been some swapping. Do you have decals?

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
No decals. The seats rotted out, so I think I may have kept the covers? After market front seats now. It wasn’t represented as a Laredo by the seller, but it had a lot of of the upgrades I assumed were part of the Laredo package . I really don’t care one way or the other. Just love the Jeep.