Late-model front bench seats in CJs?

City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
I know it has been mentioned in the past, but a couple searches I did were fruitless.

What late-model (compact?) trucks have front bench seats that would fit nicely in a CJ? I'm building new seat brackets, so compatibility with factory brackets is a non-issue. I'm just looking for a seat that is comfortable, matches the width of a CJ well, and can seat 3 people.

Thanks,
Craig

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
This goin' inthe '10-A? Or are you taking the Liberty seats out of the Scrambler? :confused:

Anyway, since you said you'll be fabbing new brackets anyway, just go to a junkyard with a tape measure, and find some that are comfortable, provide good support, and that are of acceptable color and upholstery. Can't help you with specifics, but I'd assume most any small pickup would be a possible candidate (Ranger, s-10,etc???)

Post up when you find one, this question is sure to come up again sooner or later ;)

City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
2K1TJ said:
This goin' inthe '10-A? Or are you taking the Liberty seats out of the Scrambler? :confused:
The Libby seats are stayin' in the Scrambler. I'm looking for the '10a, and know the "family seating" issue has come up here before. I had an OEM CJ split bench previously, but want something late-model and comfortable. I'll probably do some salvage yard scrounging once the weather warms up here in Michigan.

Craig

Lugnuts001

Legacy Registered User
City
NJ
State
NJ
Tacoma Bench

I just put a bench seat from a 2004 Tacoma and it fits great. See pic below. The color doesn't match real well so I bought a custom cover in black. I had to fab the seat brackets.

City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Thanks for the input, guys. Lugnuts001...I appreciate the pic, too. :) What did you end up paying for your '04 Tacoma seat, if you don't mind me asking?

Craig

Lugnuts001

Legacy Registered User
City
NJ
State
NJ
Craig,

It cost about $200. I bought it with some other things at a junk yard, so I can't tell you exactly. It's like new...the truck I got it from only had 1500 miles. The cover I got was $40. Try this junk yard search engine: http://car-part.com/

Phil