Latest Modifications

City
Snohomish
State
WA
Well I broke my steering so I sold the old stuff and upgraded to Full Hydro Steering. I didn't feel like screwing it up so I had my friends up at S&N Fab in Arlington WA do the work. They put the orbital valve up where the steering column was. When I was preparing the rig to go to the shop I forgot/didn't bother to undo the power steering pump from the serpentine belt, so I burnt it up, infact when I was on a short (very short) test drive up to the end of my block the shaft siezed up, end of pump :D
So I went to pull apart found two used but stock Steering pumps from Ford vans put one in , got it bled. It steers nicely now.

SO I got that fixed was all pumped to go test the rig on the trail and found out that my POS master cylinder crapped out on me. I've had 5, FIVE corvette MCs and am done with them. I searched around and found that alot of floks are using the 90 Dodge Truck MCs so I bought a new one from NAPA, put it in with minor modifications and now she locks up all four easily Yeah for me! Now I just need a free weekend to get back out on the trail. It's been six wheel-less weeks now I'm getting cranky.

And now the pics.

Last edited:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Nice... I know what you mean about going without wheeling. This past weekend was the first one in very close to two years for me (at least in the Scrambler, you know, real wheeling :D Even managed to snap a front D44 outer and u-joint while I was at it :rolleyes:

BTW, you have a little ding in your cowl there... just FYI ;)

City
Snohomish
State
WA
crash said:
Nice mark. Your going to love it ;)
Yes!

As for the Body Damage, it's an unfortunate by product of heavy use in tree infested hillside lines :p

I'll probably cut it off at some point in the not to distant future.