LED front turn signals

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
So what is everybody using for replacement LED front turn signal lights? I have some goofy looking lights in mine now and I really want to get rid of them and put some LED's in their place instead. I see some round marker lights out there but they sure look like the hole in the grill would need to be opened up some.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Started looking into this myself, never got too far. I'll be watching.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
i've seen people use the orange LED "trucker" lights. doesnt look stock... i personally dont like it, but thats just me.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You really got me thinking about this because I need to chase down a bad ground in my rear stop light and I'd like to add reverse lights. Also need to upgrade my flasher unit.

Found these based on this picture that I kind of liked, I'd just strip/paint the chrome to match my headlight bezels:

http://www.grandgeneral.com/index.p...art&page=shop.browse&category_id=13&Itemid=13

Not sure if it's 2" or 2 1/2" but looks like they do black or chrome plastic or stainless steel trim rings

Last edited:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Everything I found was too big. I did find a 60's Chev taillamp that would fit inside the stock outer ring (cut up your old stockers) but i never bought any to confirm.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I was thinking of using the flange mount style (~ 4-1/4' mounting hole spacing) and mounting on inside of the grill.
The standard lenses could still be used and the LED mounting holes could be concealed by the stock lens.
I think the LED's would be bright enough through the extra lens, as they are so much brighter than incandescent.
I also plan on changing the chrome trim of the lens to black, to match my SS black hardware.
Of course none of this is past the planning stage.