• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LED interior lights! FINALLY!

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
So happy—sometimes it’s a simple thing that just takes time. Since the day I bought this Jeep in June of 2002, I’ve wanted better interior lighting.

Three LED strips left over from my trailer build, two dollars of wire with some other wire scrap, a few cents of connectors and abundant patience fishing wire and the factory dash switch and the cool “Cargo Lamp” switch once again control (much improved) interior lights :woot: :smokin: :woohoo: :bacon: 975F9311-3D2F-4AD2-B78B-A2B988FBE041.jpeg 794CCCA6-3EC8-4B67-B298-C484E70EBCA2.jpeg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
The cargo lamp switch looks like they took it from the FSJ's (or am I wrong)? Where is the switch mounted, and is it in the factory location?

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
The cargo lamp switch looks like they took it from the FSJ's (or am I wrong)? Where is the switch mounted, and is it in the factory location?
Yup, stock FSJ piece in the location it was from the factory. It’s in the rectangular hole in the tailgate opening body brace on the left side of the Jeep (looking from the rear), my passenger side. Seeing it sitting there unused all these years (mostly) always made me mad that I hadn’t gotten this done.

I modified the stock wiring when I took the World Cab off the first time so that there are connectors to hook up both the headlight/dimmer switch and the cargo lamp switch whenever I put on the top. That made it relatively simple to do this, just one of those projects that’s too far down on the priority list to ever get done.

Realizing that I had the three LED strips left and they were a really nice length for the A, B and C hoops was what made me make it finally happen.