• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Left Rear Wheel Well Harness Protector

05unlimited

Legacy Registered User
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Anyone have, or know where I can find the plastic "?" shaped wire harness protector? This is not the harness loom. This is a plastic piece that screws to the bottom lip of the wheel well in the left rear. This piece keeps the harness that exits the interior, runs along the lower edge if the wheel well to go to the rear for the taillights and fuel tank. the part uses 4 to 6 small sheet metal screws to hold the part to the body thus preventing the harness from sagging and getting caught up in the wheel.
1572152106423.png

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Probably someone like cb has 1/2 a dozen of those hanging around in his stash. He will probably chime in here.

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
Jay Newsome at Jeep Salvage in Statesboro Ga. may have one if he’s still in business. You can google his name. Has (or had) a large Jeep yard.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I can take a look tonight... a lot of times on the really rusty ones, those are missing.

cb

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
That piece was the source of the only real rust problem I've ever had on the Scrambler. Traps a ton of road grime against the wheel well.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Yeah, the issue I had with them was that the screws would rust and the body would swell and actually pop through the plastic in some cases... also very hard to get the screws out if you can't get to the hex head... so heating would melt the plastic, so in most cases they were scrapped as they wouldn't be in good shape once you got them off.

cb

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
May be able to mold some out of Kydex if you want to stay with plastic or bend some sheet metal for it.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I found one of them in all the places I looked.
It isn't perfect, but it is intact and probably can be cleaned up and used, although you might need a washer or 2 for the holes.

cb

20191028_171545_resized.jpg

20191028_171551_resized.jpg

20191028_171555_resized.jpg

20191028_171558_resized.jpg

20191028_171606_resized.jpg

Let me know if you are interested... shipping unfortunately won't fit in any USPS boxes, maybe a tube... super lightweight, but just long.

cb

05unlimited

Legacy Registered User
City
Lancaster
State
CA
I am interested. I am located in Lancaster, CA 93536. Please let me know the price and shipping to my zip.
Thanks. I have the part designed in Catia V5, but my 3D printer only prints to 11".

Jeff H.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
For my build, I just made one out of aluminum and painted it. The plastic didn't seem particularly durable.

FWIW, 7s don't have them because the wiring harness is routed internally just above the wheel well.