• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

lessons learned

sxer

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Long Prairie
State
Mn
A couple lessons learned the hard way this week. On Sun. found that the heater fan didn't work in my Scrambler. Checked fuse- OK. Checked for power at the fuse panel and found none. By the time it dawned on me that I needed to have the key on when I checked for power, I had the dash taken apart to try to trace the wires. I had removed the headlight switch to help gain access. After I determined there was power at the fuse panel with key on and at the fan resistor I surmised that the fan motor was bad. I started to remove the nuts that hold the heater unit on when I noticed a wire under the battery next to the firewall unplugged. Turned out to be my fan problem as that was the wire that feeds the fan. For some unknown reason I tried the lights when I had the light switch out of the dash and found the dome lights didn't work. Again I couldn't find a wiring problem so I bought a new switch. Turns out, for the dome lights to work, the switch must be mounted in the dash (grounded).
Hope this saves someone some time in the future.
Bob

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
THANKS!

Welcome to the Jeep World.....................you'll be learning alot of those "Hard Lessons"............as time goes on as a "Heep" or "Jeep" owner...........it never ends and one thing "always" leads to another..............trust me i've been down that road a thousand times...........lol.........-JC;)