Line-up hardtop

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
Anyone have lined on their hard top. Preferably something similar to a nutmeg color. My hardtop has no texture to it and this is one of the things I've been considering. I imagine if I did get it done I should probably put the rear window in first for sealing issues. Pictures would be great of how it turned out.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
How many cans did that full length take. I like the idea of a paint over product. Linex is a pain to clean.

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
So, I’m torn between taking my top and doors (for the door inserts) to the paint shop or giving it a shot myself. I’m somewhat handy but I don’t have a spray gun (and am not schooled in them anyway). How crappy will a foam roll-on job look after applying the rock panel coating? For some reason, I’m thinking the rough look doesn’t require perfection. My CJ8 is almost completely restored, and I don’t want to screw it up. Thoughts?

jak inc

I H8 SALT!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I used a foam roller on mine. If you work quickly, you won't see any roller marks.

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
I Linex’d one of my 1/2 tops. Had the dealer put a thin coat with the texture on the smoother side.
At that time they offered different hardnesses of liner material. I went with the softer. Has held up well and hasn’t color faded. Looks good IMO.