• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Local Cars and Coffee and 5 CJ8s!

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
So it could be my imagination, or maybe just wishful thinking, but for a while now it has seemed to me like we had a pretty good amount of 8s here in our little corner of NC. My fellow jeep addicts and I would snap pics and text each other about these different Scramblers in town but we seemed to have a hard time actually meeting/talking/finding who owned or drove them. Usually pass on the road or see one in a parking lot somewhere. For about the past year or so a couple of us have been trying to get to the same place at the same time. We have a local Cars and Coffee meet here ( 1st Saturday of every month). Finally were able to get 5 of us together at once. That is a record for us. Thought you might like to see a pic or two. 20181201_5CJ8s2.jpg 20181201_5CJ8s1.jpg

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
I am in Wilmington. There are probably 10+ Scramblers I have seen around here but we don't really know each other (yet). Of course a couple of us do, but we haven't managed to really get together as a group at all. Trying to change that. I may have posted a pic of this one before but this is another local one. He couldn't make it the other day.

20181103_Gilgo8.jpg

joshvt

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
My folks live in Wilmington. Love it down there. I recently bought a back seat off a guy named chuck who has a blue scrambler. Might be that one next to the red one? I didn’t meet him- my dad picked the seat up for me- seemed like a real nice guy and had another scrambler he was doing a frame off restoration on.

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
Yep, that one is his. It is REALLY nice too. If you are ever down here and want to get together and grab some food and/or a beverage or two let me know. It is always good to meet more jeep people.

joshvt

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I am there a lot more in the warmer (fishing/ boating) months. Will let you know sometime when I am there. Hoping to make the trip in the scrambler at some point.