looking for and Iron duke bell housing

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
Guys...I got a friend that is mating a SBC to a T5 trans...does anyone have the elusive Iron Duke bell housing that they would sell

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
The old Iron Duke bell......... Saw one at the junkyard a few months ago. The whole jeep is gone now though. Would have grabbed it, but the whole drivetrain was still attached.

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
For a T-5 almost any of the bell housings will work. The SR-4/T-4/5 all bolt up the same. It is the T-176 that is harder to find since that is the same bolt up as the Ford T-18.

But if you look closely it seems that there are small indentations where the bell housing should be drilled for the Ford, T-176 pattern, if they are not already done so.

Also another good alternative is a Lakewood Scatter Shield. They are made in SFI race Spec and non SFI at a lower cost. Very nice and easy to use bell housings.

If you cannot find one, I might have one out back but would need to go digging. Most of mine were already made for the T-176.

Carl

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
stafford
State
va
For a T-5 almost any of the bell housings will work. The SR-4/T-4/5 all bolt up the same. It is the T-176 that is harder to find since that is the same bolt up as the Ford T-18.

But if you look closely it seems that there are small indentations where the bell housing should be drilled for the Ford, T-176 pattern, if they are not already done so.

Also another good alternative is a Lakewood Scatter Shield. They are made in SFI race Spec and non SFI at a lower cost. Very nice and easy to use bell housings.

If you cannot find one, I might have one out back but would need to go digging. Most of mine were already made for the T-176.

Carl
But I THINK he wants the Chevy bolt pattern of the iron duke gm 4

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Sorry. I understood that He wanted the Iron Duke/SBC pattern. I was referring to the Transmission side. So taht he knew that pretty much and bell housing that came off of an Iron Duke should work for his T-5. So that he did not have to look for one the had come from a Iron Duke T-5 combo. Those would have been pretty rare.

He should be able to use one from a Iron Duke/SR-4 combo. It is the Iron Duke/T-176 that is really more rare, and what you need for the most bullet proof version if you want simple. But even there a lot of the Sr-4/T-4/5 Housings can be re-drilled to work with the T-176.

Carl