• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Looking for half cab hardtop and bulkhead, Arizona

RLPGilbert

City
Apache Junction
State
AZ
I’m in Az and looking for a half cab hardtop and bulkhead for my Scrambler I’ve see them online, mostly in the Eastern states but nobody wants to ship. (Probably too expensive)
Looking for something in AZ or surrounding Areas I can go pick it up myself

Could also use some wood bed rails and the Laredo lower trim for the bottom of of the Jeep body. Thanks

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Hopefully someone in your area has what you need, but if not, try Collins Bros.

RLPGilbert

City
Apache Junction
State
AZ
Thanks, I looked at their site online and didn’t see anything listed but I can call them sometime to confirm.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Another place to check is Jeep Thrills Off Road in Compton, CA 310 608-3250
It's been 15 years since I was there, but Albert had half tops lined up and bulkheads stacked up. I bought a bulkhead for 200 at the time. I thought it was a little high then, but I choose a near perfect one. I bought YJ parts, too. But he had lots of rust free Scrambler parts at the time. His tops were 400 then. No idea what he want now. Someone near me wants 1500 for a half top that's seen better days. Might as well get a new one than spend that much money on an old one. Two years ago I found a half top and bulkhead local for 600. I told my neighbor I'd look for him and he jumped on them. Some people are reasonable and get things sold, and some shoot for the moon and won't have much luck. Hope someone on here comes through for you.

RLPGilbert

City
Apache Junction
State
AZ
UPDATE:
I found the following from my wish list:
Rocker Trims/ hardware for Scrambler
Hardtop and bulkhead that needs help
Wooden rails, (looking for 2nd set)

Still looking for a bulkhead in AZ, or SW

Found the hardtop out of State which including the cost of the top, freight and undisclosed repairs it needed, I have way more into than I think it’s worth. But I have one that only needs paint and it’ll be a nice restored top.

Let me know if anyone has an extra bulkhead they’d care to part with.
Thank you

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
You can buy a new metal bulkhead on ebay shipped to you. And you can buy new wood rails from a couple people here on the forum that make them. Search the forum for more info.

RLPGilbert

City
Apache Junction
State
AZ
Yes Sir, I just ordered a set of rails today as for the bulkhead, just trying to find an original close by to save on shipping. Thanks

RLPGilbert

City
Apache Junction
State
AZ
It's been 15 years since I was there, but Albert had half tops lined up and bulkheads stacked up. I bought a bulkhead for 200 at the time. I thought it was a little high then, but I choose a near perfect one. I bought YJ parts, too. But he had lots of rust free Scrambler parts at the time. His tops were 400 then. No idea what he want now. Someone near me wants 1500 for a half top that's seen better days. Might as well get a new one than spend that much money on an old one. Two years ago I found a half top and bulkhead local for 600. I told my neighbor I'd look for him and he jumped on them. Some people are reasonable and get things sold, and some shoot for the moon and won't have much luck. Hope someone on here comes through for you.
Hi Kim, thanks for posting the message a while back. I did reach out to Albert right after I read your message and he came up with one bulkhead in very nice condition. We went back and forth for a couple of months between him looking for the part, shipping, pricing etc, but it finally showed up last week. I appreciate your input.

RLPGilbert

City
Apache Junction
State
AZ
Hi Kim, thanks for posting the message a while back. I did reach out to Albert right after I read your message and he came up with one bulkhead in very nice condition. We went back and forth for a couple of months between him looking for the part, shipping, pricing etc, but it finally showed up last week. I appreciate your input .

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Hi Kim, thanks for posting the message a while back. I did reach out to Albert right after I read your message and he came up with one bulkhead in very nice condition. We went back and forth for a couple of months between him looking for the part, shipping, pricing etc, but it finally showed up last week. I appreciate your input .
Glad he was able to help you. Parts from So Cal are usually solid with little rust. I enjoyed visiting Albert's warehouse and seeing all the Jeep parts lined up. What does he charge for a bulkhead now?