looking for numbers .....

wank

Basic User
City
williston
State
vt
ok i've heard data showing cj8's ranging from 36,000 to 100,000 + made during their production run. what's the acutal number made and are there any estimated how many have (gasp) departed from the living ?

could probably look it up elsewhere but i'm here and someone should know lol

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
wank said:
ok i've heard data showing cj8's ranging from 36,000 to 100,000 + made during their production run. what's the acutal number made and are there any estimated how many have (gasp) departed from the living ?

could probably look it up elsewhere but i'm here and someone should know lol
Source: Well, my site :D

http://www.geocities.com/greatcj8/numbers.txt

1981 : 8355
1982 : 7759
1983 : 5405
1984 : 4130
1985 : 2015
1986 : 128 <- These were actually 1985 leftovers.
------------------
total = 27,792

So mtruckstuff gets a cookie :)

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
i drug my old cj5 into the shop today...and 5 bolts fell out...so there are at least 5 ....i also overtorqued 2 nuts pushing it in there...did i mention i had a t-18 tranny case for sale?

seriously willys overland bought the bill of materials..i think they might be able to tell

wank

Basic User
City
williston
State
vt
no wanking lol..... just no sleep induced rambling thoughts .... and a weird need to have loads of useless knowledge available at my becon call...

wank

Basic User
City
williston
State
vt
counting those by hand on mine....... if you don't include the rusted parts i've got maybe 32 parts on it... all around the engine covered with oil... the rest rusted. luckly it's going to be rebuilt part for part...then i'll know the true answer. dam forgot to keep track already.

wank

Basic User
City
williston
State
vt
what's funny looking about them who told you, where did you hear that, their not mine a friend must have left them, never seen it before i mean what is that, dam sirens gtg

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
City
richmond
State
va
I don't know exactly how many parts on on one, but if you take them all off, they make very large piles in the corner of your garage, in the shed, behind the shed, and in the driveway...I think they are multiplying late at night and plan to take over my garage.....:D

canzo

equal opportunity annoyer
City
Alexandria
State
VA
WildTurkeycj8 said:
...I think they are multiplying late at night and plan to take over my garage.....:D
As soon as you start hearing them whispering to each other right before you walk in...then you'll be paranoid like me! Mwuahahaha!

:D