• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Looking for the most obscure part! Steering Wheel tilt lever...

MomoJeep

Basic User
City
Seattle
State
WA
When I got my Scrambler, this part was missing. I screwed a long skinny bolt into the threads, but would like to find the correct part if it's out there? It's right behind the turn signal lever on steering columns with a tilt steering wheel... Anyone?

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Jeep used a generic GM column. You might try looking for GM parts from 70s and 80s vehicles.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
It's right behind the turn signal lever on steering columns with a tilt steering wheel... Anyone?
This is the part number for the tilt lever for column with floor shifter (I assume that is what you have based on your signature)
They are out there.

lever.PNG

MomoJeep

Basic User
City
Seattle
State
WA
Jeep used a generic GM column. You might try looking for GM parts from 70s and 80s vehicles.

I never knew that! Thanks for the info..

MomoJeep

Basic User
City
Seattle
State
WA
I can get one on Ebay, with shipping comes to almost $30..! Hmmm, I need a Jeep CJ wrecking yard like in the old days...

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
Salvage Jeep in Statesboro Georgia. Google it. Ask for Jay Newsome, if he’s still in business.