• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

LOOKING TO REPLACE DASH

Twest

Basic User
City
Kalamazoo
State
Mi
HEY GUYS LOOKING TO RE-DO MY DASH AND AM LOOKING FOR WHAT YOU GUYS USE FOR AN AFTERMARKET DASH COMPANY I HAVE SOME WHAT OF AN IDEA ON HOW I WANT TO INCORPORATE SOME OF THE FACTORY SWITCHES AND UPDATED WITH NEW GAUGES

TIA

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Are you super excited or yelling at us? ?

Just kidding. I have a spare dash and plan to use the Speedhut gauges that look like the stock ones. Not going to go too crazy.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I have a double D Dash in my shed waiting to be installed. I have seen others of his in person and they are pretty sweet. I bought mine second hand but never installed. Somebody on this forum had Double D build/finish their CJ8. Not sure who it was. I have talked to him and he is very nice

CC CJ8

Basic User
City
Barnstable
State
Ma
I sent over a drawing to Double D, they replied with CAD design. Really easy to work with and make changes. They angled the cluster on the right (using exhaust tubing), which worked well for what I was after.

Attachments

• IMG_3953.jpeg
    IMG_3953.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3954.jpeg
    IMG_3954.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
They did a excellent job on my dash from them.

Attachments

• 20190213_161455_resized.jpg
    20190213_161455_resized.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 31

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
not that hard to make your own especialy if you wan tto retain a semi stock look. I did one on my CJ5 resto mod years ago and just used a piece of Aluminum slightly shorter than the stock dash and used the stock gauges and heater controls and installed my own switches and switch guards. Didnt have the angled gauge pods but worked fine. Ive ben toying with doing one for my Scrambler but I likely never will.