• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Los Angeles to Oregon

Richybdad

Basic User
City
Stayton
State
OR
I recently drove my 81 Scrambler to Oregon from LA. Not really a rough trek, but it was a good test for the old lady. I am running a Chevy drivetrain with a 350 and turbo 350 tranny. I averaged 14 miles to the gallon. Needless to say I stopped a lot on the way up for fuel haha. My sway bar linkage broke on both sides just north of LA. I went to NAPA and bought some bushings that were made for shocks. I installed them and had no issues the whole way home except for the fact I sprung a small leak in my radiator driving through the mountains. Here are a few images.

IMAG0740.jpg

PART951360892245471.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Couldn't get the links to load, but the trip sounds fun. I have lived in the SFV (Northridge,Reseda, and Van Nuys) , Castaic, and Ventura before.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Cool trip! Any road trip in your Scrambler is fantastic :headbang:

You tried to use the links to the HTML page and not the image links themselves. I just edited them, the pics area little small though.

Richybdad

Basic User
City
Stayton
State
OR
Yeah, I had my camera settings wrong. I will get more up. It was a nice smooth ride after I fixed the sway arm.