• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Maeve's Johnny Cash-inspired Jeep LJ project

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
"One Piece at a Time..."

For a couple years, this will probably be more of a "parts gathering" thread than a build thread. Much like her sister Mira's XJ build (Jp Magazine article HERE, and build thread HERE), Maeve will be paying for 1/2 of this build, and doing much of the work herself.

We looked at a few unique Jeep options for Maeve, but she kept coming back to wanting a Jeep like her dad's. What we got was a tub with some firewall damage that I'll have to repair, rollbar, carpet, and some misc. other parts. Some minor rocker damage on the driver side will likely be covered with rocker guards & corner armor.

So let the parts gathering, bartering, etc. begin!

Craig (and Maeve)

426959_3172363677920_1530388062_32897093_632078516_n.jpg

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
You should have enough leftover parts laying around to get that assembled in no time.:evil:

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
Thanks , I didn't see the quote right at the top of the post , got it ,,SWEET !

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
Now I feel really dumb!! I have often thought of that song when describing my jeep
That's why my model year in the right corner says 82,(79,85)
My jeep is a combination of many different years and models.

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
City
Madison
State
WI
Well at least you dont have a rusted out frame or tub to deal with LOL From the looks of your daughters age you have plenty of time to put this together. Im sure it will be a great build we will all be envious of....

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
Thanks guys. Yes, the Cash reference was for the song, and also because it's all black (although that'll probably change when Maeve decides what color she wants).

I'm on the search for a clean TJ firewall that I can piece in (I plan on drilling out the spot welds, and replacing the whole thing).

Craig

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Very nice. You rock as a dad!

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Thats me...

"And I always wanted one that was loooong and black"... ;)
Funny you chose that song as it has always summed up my jeep builds, if not my life in general! Until that winning lottery ticket shows up it will continue that way. haha!
Did you know there is a video with a car built just like the Cash song? I have no idea how to find it anymore but I remember seeing it and laughing..its also circa early 80s.
Good luck with the build, I think that is just awesome your daughters are into it and their pops is gonna help keep them inspired! :cheers: