• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

MD Juan Tub and fender flares. Anyone solve this?

jmarkel

Scrambled for Life
City
Fairfax Station
State
VA
Hi all. I am working to get this tub completed. It is an MD Juan, and while much better than my old tub, it did still require a lot of time to make it right. In this picture, I am holding up a new set of flares and they don't appear to cover very well. Anyone have some better option for me? I won't be running wide tires so I'd like to retain the stock width on whatever I put on there. Thanks.

Attachments

• scrambler flare.jpg
    scrambler flare.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 71

mchoward48

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Venice
State
FL
I ran into the same issue on my original tub, there’s a ridge on the inside of the fender flare that tucks into the body, you just have to put in one screw at a time and work it in.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Is yours straight from MD Juan, or did it come through Willys-Overland? I'm curious if you documented any of the work you had to do. Definitely post up if you figure out a solution for this.

In the next couple of weeks, I'll be starting to help with bodywork on my Willys-Overland tub. It didn't look too terrible, but there are definitely spots that are going to need some sheet metal love. Those wheel wells are a hoot, aren't they?

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap...

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
When I put aftermarket replacement flares on my Red Scrambler's OEM body after repainting it, I had the same problem. IIRC, I started at the top middle, and worked outward to the ends, leaving the screws loose until all of them were installed. In that way, I did not have to drill new holes in the body or the flares. But, it was a PIA :shrug::twocents:

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
I did the same process. Had to elongate 2 screws on each of the rear flares.