MD Mudbugs 3rd Jeep Birthday run

Hey,

Is anyone in the DC, MD, Northern VA, PA area going to the MD Mudbugs 3rd Annual Jeep Birthday run in George Washington Nat. Forest? Its happening Nov. 9 & 10. I'm in Frederick MD and am looking to see if anyone going would like to caravan down. Let me know. For more information, check out www.marylandmudbugs.com.

City
City
State
ZZ
Possibly

I'm a member, but wasn't expecting to be through with repairs before then. But, I've got the tough stuff fixed and will be fixing the spewing heater core today instead of wheeling with them.

If getting time off from work is possible, I'll be going this year as well. Last year was good. They are promising some more challenging trails this year, but they can't be too tough since there are many stockers that go on this run.

Word of advice - join up with them at one of the later stops. Last year's caravan from Crofton, MD with 30-some vehicles was neat but painfully time consuming. A couple of those guys can't reach 60mph. So far the list isn't that large, but I'm sure some will wait until the last moment.

Jimmy,

I hope to meet up with the caravan near Charlottesville, VA. I come down 29 from Frederick. By the way, I think we met at Crazy Rays a few months ago?

JC Johnson

City
City
State
ZZ
Oh yeah! I had forgotten your name. So I wasn't sure of your handle.

I need to swing by there and look around some more. I grabbed the axles out of that rusty heap of a Scout. Working towards SOA.
Did a shakedown run this afternoon - the 8 just may hold up for the b-day wheel.

And the Chevy blower motor swap - EXCELLENT! Simple and highly effective. I'm pleased.

City
City
State
ZZ
Definitely going

I'm definitely going - I start a new work schedule next week which allowed me the time off. Looking forward to it.

Stopped by Crazy Rays to pick up a couple of amber side markers (let's just say the big hole in the muddy ravine got the best of me :mad: ) and discovered a newer CJ7 arrival. Turns out my buddy already got to the transfer case and head. Need a good 258 short block? He said the cylinders still had cross hatching showing. Also, the hood was is good shape - no windshield crease. I picked up the straight spare tire rack and straight tire bump stop (replacing my bent and twisted pieces). So I'm looking a bit more sophisticated now :D

The vehicle count is up to 30, and looks like it won't be as slow of a caravan either. Look forward to seeing you out there.

Sounds cool. I need to get out there soon. I just finished inverting my spring plates. That went pretty well and looks good. I will probably meet up with the caravan at the rest stop on 66. See you there.

JC