Might need a set of eyes in Cincy (Lebanon)

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Well, I have made the decision to buy an '04 Unlimited. The one I have been looking at is over 2 hours away in Lebanon, OH. I was hoping I could find someone who could take a quick look at the rig for me. I hate buying something I haven't driven...but that is the way the banks are working these days.

City
Maryville
State
TN
If it is something you are definitely interested in, drive the two hours & go take it for a spin. No one can make an assessment as good as you. But just my opinion and having driven more for less reason. I dragged my 85 Scrambler home from Louville KY without having ever driven it before I got there. I made sure it was drivable (well sort of.... power steering lines leaked, thermostat was stuck, & rear brake was frozen, but it did drive). That was about an 8 hour trip each way and definitely worth it. I had to replace the power steering lines, the rear brakes cause both sides were leaking and one cable was frozen, as well as the thermostat but I enjoyed it all summer & I ain't done enjoying it yet! :D :cheers:
I do understand the ask though but for only a 2 hourt drive each way if you thought it was what you wanted.......

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
I know... Thanks for the advice. I am probably just being paranoid. This is the first rig I have bought in a very very long time. Top that off with the $$$ I am spending and the way the banks work today (won't issue a check to me only wire transfer to the seller) and I feel like I am buying completely unseen. The drive is much closer to 3.5 hours each way...and I would have to borrow a vehicle right now to do it. I was just hoping someone lived real close and wouldn't mind looking it over. I am mainly interested in making sure it is not a POS, rusted all out, non-drivable, etc...

All that said, I think I may have figured out a way to do this.