• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mikes wanderings

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member

Completely untried before this trip, this beauty impressed all the big boy JKU guys, plus it got all the attention on the trail!! Unfortunately, I added quite a bit of "character" to her!! Hope everyone's summer is great!!

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
Wow! Impressive Jeep and scenery! The carnage makes me cringe on such a beautiful GE Cherokee but I do love seeing it being enjoyed and used!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A

FSJ love from the lone star state. Great shots and scenery. FSJ's are very capable off roaders. One of their big out of the box weaknesses, of course, is ground clearance, hopefully the rockers survived a little. Nice GE Cherokee, it does not surprise me that it was the life of the party. please continue to share the progress with it.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
I'll beat everything straight again, but I plan to set this one up for extended trips. So many jeeps. So little time! ;) the CJ 7 is in for EFI right now. We're headed out in two weeks again.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member

I should catch this up. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I wound up with 2-1/2 months off this fall. Not the most ideal time for getting into the mountains, but we were blessed with minimal snowfall. So we decided to chase up into the Bruce valley, in eastern BC. This is the same valley that the shots of the GE were taken this summer past.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member

Day two saw us on the west facing side of the valley, in an abandoned gypsum mine. It's rather funny, watching a massive boulder crumble under the weight of a wheel as you crawl along. End of the day, we wound up in a valley, at snow line, and realized we were on 6" of snow, on an ice flow. So we backed down, gingerly, knees shaking. I know my limits, and being on snow, on an ice flow, on BFG Krawlers isn't in my comfort zone

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
That really is beautiful country. Camping in the snow is not for the faint of heart. I've done it a couple of times. A blazing fire and a really good sleeping bag are required [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPad

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
That really is beautiful country. Camping in the snow is not for the faint of heart. I've done it a couple of times. A blazing fire and a really good sleeping bag are required [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPad
And a slight bit of instability in the mental state helps as well! The sleeping bag was the only warm spot that night and the next morning, cause a CJ heater don't throw much, and running without top and doors wasn't exactly the brightest idea. But it was fun![emoji23]

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member

Later that week, I went just west of Rocky Mountain House with some friends on a trail I've been meaning to get back to for 20 years. It definitely bears further exploration come the summer. Many miles of unexplored trails to follow. Going in thru the river, I wound up stuck, and couldn't figure why, until I realized neither front tire was spinning. So, in the middle of the river, I had to jump out and lock my hubs in. Turns out my passenger from the weekend before unlocked my hubs for a joke. When I told him where I'd discovered his joke, he laughed hard enough to drop his phone. Good thing he's a great photographer. But I'll get him back[emoji6]