• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Minion mobile - '01 XJ

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
802 miles today, made Rock Hill, WY :bacon:

Wyoming needs to get its act together and light up its freaking sign… have some pride!!! :angry:
3BE02FB7-A9CA-4656-B981-EB4469612BB2.jpeg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Just got done putting 919 miles on the truck/trailer to get parts, drop off parts, etc. over the last 2 days.
Keep trucking!! Stay safe.

cb

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I've never heard of Rock Hill. Could it be Rock Springs? I lived there as a kid when my dad was the editor of the Rock Springs Gazette and I can tell you that a lighted sign may be the least of their problems.

Enjoy the coffee and don't let the sounds of your own wheels drive you crazy😀

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I've never heard of Rock Hill. Could it be Rock Springs? I lived there as a kid when my dad was the editor of the Rock Springs Gazette and I can tell you that a lighted sign may be the least of their problems.

Enjoy the coffee and don't let the sounds of your own wheels drive you crazy😀
Oops. Yeah. It was late :shrug:

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
It's an easy place to mistake for another..... especially in the morning. Luckily there are very few people who could be offended.

When I was a kid we lived next door to Sheriff Stark. I remember my dad talking to Mr. Stark once and he was telling my dad about a body they had found in the hills.

Apparently they nearly missed it because where they found the disturbed ground they dug down and found a dead dog. They assumed it was a dog grave.

But the someone on the sheriff's department had the idea to keep digging and just another foot or so down they found the human body.

Sheriff Stark said to my dad "so if you ever wanna kill someone I guess the best way to do it is to dig a 6' hole, put two feet of dirt on top of the body and then put a dead dog on there and then cover it with 4' of dirt. 'Cause most people wouldn't keep digging...... Only problem is you gotta kill a dog."

So you can see, lighted signs are kinda low on the list.

Last edited:

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
Again my saturday morning coffee would never be the same without these threads. Renee and I are here admiring BW's pics and laughing over Sheriff Stark's wisdom.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
It reminded me of a story similar years ago, only from a fire fighter, and best I not tell it, not wanting to give anyone a nefarious idea about not leaving any trace of the crime. It sounded pretty convincing.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yep.. those onions and peppers should go well with the long drive
They go with EVERYTHING

922 miles today, made Newton, Iowa. Basically nothing to look at aside from tractor trailers as I passed them. Ready to get home.

8BDC365E-E733-4D36-89A2-F5D8800503CB.jpeg458CA378-6A6A-4620-B6EE-67F0E9DE3C2F.jpegC716999D-D5AC-4312-AE52-DAA1F5BBE8FB.jpeg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
If I had the gas I would have made Iowa City.

The seat is fine, when I know this is what I’m going to be doing all day, I can just roll. Solo road trips when I don’t have to worry about other’s comfort, are easy.
I am the same way... if it is just me I can push on and only stop for absolute necessity... it makes the trip a lot faster usually and really clears the head and allows me to figure out a lot of things.

Stay safe and push on.

cb

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Made it home yesterday afternoon. Odometer shows 2101 miles. Glad I made it as far as I did on Saturday because the weather Sunday was annoying. Wife drove it to work today. Kid is claiming it and taking it to school tomorrow.

4FCACBED-FFC4-43E4-B05D-8E30FEC73E25.jpeg