• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Moab EJS

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
I made my reservation today to attend the Easter Jeep Safari in April. Is their anyone else from here that is planning on attending. I am going to stay at the Slick Rock Camp Ground and made reservations for April 11 through the 19th.

I have never been to the EJS before although I have been to the Labor Day event twice before at Moab.

Later, Ken

kszj

Basic User
City
Overland Park
State
KS
Not going to Moab, but was just wondering what part of NE KS you are from. I'm originally from NE KS.

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
I wish i could go with you Ken, but Easter is probably the busiest week of the year for me!

By the way, are you planning to be at the business meeting this Saturday for the TK 4X4 ? It should be much better weather for wheeling too. How's the body damage coming along on the Jeep?

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
kszj, I have a Topeka address and live NE of there.

Phil, I have not done any body repair. I will not be at the TK 4x4 meeting. I am leaving tonight for MN with the expectation of bringing home an 82 CJ8 project vehicle. My thoughts at this time are to turn the 82 into a trail vehicle and to restore the 83 to its original condition or at least to a street vehicle.

There were about 8 to 10 Scramblers at the Briggs event last weekend. I could hardly believe it. There were about 5 that had just been reclaimed in the last few months from a farm yard or back lot some where around the area. They were all a little rough but they have a future and their owners were all proud of them. If we ever get this SOA where we can have a local chapter, we will be able to have our own chapter.

kszj, were you one of these new Scrambler owners?

Later, Ken

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Ken, that sounds great, i tried to get up there for the Jam but i had to teach a class in the afternoon so it would have been fruitless to go.

Good luck on your trip, i hope you can bring one back. i like your idea, keep me posted.

KSZJ, you are welcome to come this Saturday. Let me know if you are interested.

kszj

Basic User
City
Overland Park
State
KS
Ken, Unfortunately I was not able to make it to the Briggs Jamboree. I was busy putting the finishing touches on the 5.0 swap in the 8. I'm hoping to make it back up to Randolph next Sunday (Nov. 17). I usually have my '95 ZJ up there, but I'm hoping I can take the 8 for it's first run.

Phil, I won't be able to make it this weekend, I'm helping a friend with house remodeling. But thanks for the invite.

Kent

CJATE

R-u-n-n O-f-t
City
NAPOLEONVILLE
State
LA
Ken:
I have traditionally gone for Friday, to see the manufacturers displays, and participated in Big Saturday and then stayed for a few more days after the crowds have gone. I hope to do that sched again this year, but nothings sure until I hit the road. Last year Terry rode with me too. I usually don't make reservations and manage okay, but last year I coldn't get into slick rock campground. We always have a great time. Hope to see you there.
Tim

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Kent, let's hook up sometime and go wheelin together, i' love to see your 8 and i'm just down the raod from ya!

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
Tim, is Big Saturday the first Saturday or the last Saturday? Do you go out on trails that day or just hang out for the big parade?

John and I are planning the trip together and we will be at Slick Rock from Friday night on in the back row water/electric area in tents. We should actually arrive about noon on Friday. I will check in with you and Terry some time before then to see what your plans are.

Later, Ken

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
Moab

Ken
I hope to be there again this year, I may pull a Tim and come up for Friday through Wednesdayish over big Saturday (the day before Easter). I've typically come up Thursday through Sunday but this year I may stay longer. Not sure how I'll get there or what I'll be driving at this point but I still hope to get there. I'll be staying at a friend's house most likely. Tim, I'm sure Bob would be happy to have you either set up in the backyard or stay in the house too, let me know if you want me to double check.

Generally I don't register or run any of the safari trails, the folks at the househave been kind enough to show me something new and off the beaten track each year, perhaps in the SR Swell or ??? Last year it was Cameo Cliffs, Devil's Racetrack, and a day being Tim's seatcover.

tr

Last edited: