• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Most recent purchase

mxracer919

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
miami
State
ok
Have been absent working on other projects. Kind of been between running scramblers since selling the LS powered one and gearing up to build the goat built chassis 8. Have a couple more set back in waiting but they are too big of projects to tackle with other projects going on.

Had a friend I made back in 2015 when I bought some takeoff parts off his Scrambler reach out to me and ask if I was interested. I said yes as I had said about three other times over the years. He finally priced it this time, said it was time for him to move on. Anyways onto the jeep.

1982 sun yellow cj8 with 6 cylinder and and 4 speed. Extremely solid and clean, mostly original paint. Windshield frame was replaced at some point. Was originally a half soft top jeep (which I bought the mint top off him 6 years ago and still have it) they sourced a set of yj doors and somewhat painted to match.

Jeep was sold by Collins brothers in 2005 with 75k miles to my buddies uncle who lived in Houston. It currently has 86k miles. Going to be taking it back towards the stock look. Currently has think jeep seats in it, was originally a low back seat jeep (which I bought those off him as well but have unfortunately sold them).

Initially bought it with intentions of enjoying it and then sending it down the road to help pay for other projects but after seeing it in person again it’s safe to say it’s here to stay. Going to have to drag my 82 out of the shed and do the work on it to get it ready for market so I can justify keeping this one.

E2B3E377-AF61-46AD-9A2C-E21F648476C7.jpeg

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Looks great. Probably a fairly rare color too. The black windshield frame actually looks good on it with the black hardtop and roll bar.

mxracer919

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
miami
State
ok
I’m not crazy about the wheels. One of the things on my list to change but not sure how it will look with a white factory wheel considering the top half of the jeep is black. For some reason I envision it with the solid base model wheel.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I’m not crazy about the wheels. One of the things on my list to change but not sure how it will look with a white factory wheel considering the top half of the jeep is black. For some reason I envision it with the solid base model wheel.
I think the white base model wheels would still look great on it. 👍

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Easy enough to paint the top half yellow. What don't you like about the rims? They look like aluminium 5 spoke. Are they too narrow or you don't like black?

White spoke will look decent against the yellow. So would chrome. It's a nice looking rig even as it sits.

mxracer919

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
miami
State
ok
Thoughts? Grabbed a base model wheel from my parts stash and threw a junk 33x12.50 on it to get a visual feel for what I had planned. Also got the step bumper mounted. Just need to decide on re mounting the plastic end caps or using the aluminum set I bought a few years ago.

Attachments

• 16F5EAAB-1D72-46F9-8BEA-C4C7AA26A408.jpeg
    16F5EAAB-1D72-46F9-8BEA-C4C7AA26A408.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 54

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
I like the base model wheels. They look right on there. but I think they'd look good in white to match the bumper. Or maybe the bumper would look good matched to the wheels. either or, it looks killer. (y)

mxracer919

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
miami
State
ok
I like the base model wheels. They look right on there. but I think they'd look good in white to match the bumper. Or maybe the bumper would look good matched to the wheels. either or, it looks killer. (y)
That’s the plan, some fresh white to match the fresh white on the bumper. Bumper was painted black at some point. Guessing the same time the rollbar was painted.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Digging the base wheels and doing them white. Or you could go really unique with grey wheels and bumpers, maybe roll bar too. You can't go wrong either way. She's a beauty.

mxracer919

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
miami
State
ok
Been tied up with other projects. Finally was able to get with my tire guy this past week and get some new shoes!

Attachments

• AA5697D2-0039-4D9A-870C-12D03B4FA9FF.jpeg
    AA5697D2-0039-4D9A-870C-12D03B4FA9FF.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 23