Motor Mount questions

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
Alrighty so I'm jumping into my cj8 project again. It was originally an iron duke/sr4. Machine shop said it couldn't be rebuilt. Said there was a crack in one of the main webs. I have an amc 304 in unknown condition and a 360 with a rounded out cam. Are there motor mounts a bolt in deal for this switch? or is welding necessary? My frame is currently buried in a barn. Oh I picked up a t176 from a transmission shop. Fully rebuilt with the adapter and shifter for 400$ just wanted to get rid of it I guess.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Engine mounts are bolt in. Check out M.O.R.E. mounts since you have none to start with. Factory ones, you need to find 76+ V8 mounts. They will bolt in.

Sent from my SM-J320P

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Alrighty so I'm jumping into my cj8 project again. It was originally an iron duke/sr4. Machine shop said it couldn't be rebuilt. Said there was a crack in one of the main webs. I have an amc 304 in unknown condition and a 360 with a rounded out cam. Are there motor mounts a bolt in deal for this switch? or is welding necessary? My frame is currently buried in a barn. Oh I picked up a t176 from a transmission shop. Fully rebuilt with the adapter and shifter for 400$ just wanted to get rid of it I guess.
That's a deal on a rebuilt T176.....