Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
With about 28 other Jeeps, Crossbones and I spent all day running trails. It was a guides pre-run for next month's Oak Ridge Jeep Jamboree. We've had a lot of rain here and it was rainning yesterday morning when we started, at least it was warm. We were in shorts and t-shirts most of the day. We hit some places that held us up a while, mostly creek crossings with steep banks, they got rutted out so bad nobody could get through without winching (wiped out my almost new cable with too much of a side pull). Overall, it was a good day not much breakage: 1 cut tire, 1 bead knocked off the rim, a TJ will need some body work after getting sideways on a hill climb and hurting a tree and few injured soft tops. I'm glad left my half cab on with the tonnu cover, lots of mud coverage, Crossbones and I both spent $7.50 in quaters just so we didn't take all the mud home and I've got a lot cleaning to do still. Now, after about 80 degrees yesterday, it's snowing hard here (not sticking yet) and the 8 is still on the trailer.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
FUN!

Sounds like a fun day,When you have days like that you feel like you accomplised something and your wore out,but unless you were there or around another jeeper,no one understands why you have that funny looking grin and the twinkle in your bloodshot eyes!-JC:D

Crossbones

Charter Member
City
Richmond
State
Va
Muddy, but fun

I got my Scrambler off the trailer this morning in the rain, took it to the car wash & pumped another $5 in the spray machine.
99% of the mud is now gone, I'd bet that 50 lbs. came out of the wheel wells with this & yesterdays washing! Most of the day I was the 2nd Jeep in line & was able to get thru the "bad" spots
before they got so sloppy that winching was mandatory. Beside John N & myself, there was one other CJ-8 there owned by Pat Sheppard from Tidewater Fourwheelers. Pat says he going from 35" to 38" tires next week, I'll get a shot of his rig later this month
at Jeep Jamboree.
Robert