My 1st Scrambler - FINALLY!

Daddy Stew

Legacy Registered User
City
Oakdale
State
PA
After gawking at other rigs here, on eBay and elsewhere, I was finally able to purchase a CJ-8 for my very own! It's a 1981 tub with everything underneath from a 1985. I purchased her today in Arizona and she will ship back on a transport by the end of the week, after a full soft top and doors are installed!

I look forward to learning more from yall on here. Just wishing I could transport the AZ weather back to Pittsburgh too!

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
Nice Scrambler!!! Have you actually seen it in person or do you have to wait till it gets shipped to PA?

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Congrats! Interesting cage work on that Scrambler, I believe I saw that on the Phoenix Craigslist a few weeks ago. Looks like a good one, enjoy!

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
City
Russllville
State
TN
Congrats and welcome. Just got mine a couple weeks ago, still don't feel like it's mine yet. Yours looks great, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Daddy Stew

Legacy Registered User
City
Oakdale
State
PA
Thanks everyone! Here are the details:

• 1981 tub on a 1985 chassis.
• 4.2L, 258ci w/5 speed Borg-Warner T-5 transmission
• Power steering
• Manual brakes
• Weber carburetor
• 4” spring lift.
• Superior one piece axles
• Lock Rite lockers in front and rear.
• 4:10 gears
• Five new 33x12.50x15 BFG All terrain tires on Mickey Thompson Classic wheels

I have been enjoying it in person and will have to relinquish it to the transport driver on Thursday, but it should be delivered just before we return home from vacation! I would have loved to spend the 4 days driving it home, but I couldn't justify the doubling the expense of transporting it, much less the loss of work time. That just means I will more miles and time to enjoy it soon enough!

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Looks great!! Enjoy it. Don't let the rust monster get a hold of it.