• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My Corona-virus restore needs a windshield frame

Loyalpoke

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Stillwater
State
ok
So, being grounded by Corona-virus is letting me get a lot done on my restore. I will start a thread over on the Restore/rebuild page when I can figure out how to get pics from my iphone to the computer.

I need to get a windshield frame ordered. I know a good used OEM would be best, but they are hard to find in decent condition and expensive. That said it looks like Omix and Crown are the two choices. Keyparts is not making them right now.

Any advice on which one or is there another choice? Is the rib/no rib/two ribs an issue?

It looks like fit for the glass and seal has been an issue, any advice?

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I haven't seen as many issue with the frame/glass seal as the windshield to cowl seal. I've used either a crown or omix before and the new windshield fit fine. It took a couple cowl seals to get one that fit properly. Dawn and Jody Abbott have a source of a good seal/gasket thing.