My first Scrambler

Sfisher

Basic User
CJ-8.com Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
After searcing Craigslist for almost a year I finally located and purchased my first Scrambler. I've had a couple of CJ7's in the past but the addition of three kids made the 7's too small. Couldn't go without a Jeep so the 8 was the solution. Anyways happy to be here and look forward to the forum.

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Welcome, you have found one of the best forums on the internet. Polite friendly knowledgeable folks... Looks like a nice Scrambler...care to fill us in a little about it???

Sfisher

Basic User
CJ-8.com Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
You bet. It is an '84 with the 258 block and 4.0 head with MPI. World Class T-5, D300 w/ 4:1, D30/AMC20 4:10's Powerlock in the front and ARB in the rear. It's on 35" MTR's w/ a 4" Pro Comp and 1"BL.

It has a TJ rear seat and my goal is to add a split third row in the rear. Have 3 kids and the CJ7 wasn't going to work anymore. So I'm glad to be back in the game.

I swear I was looking for almost a year for the right 8. As it was I had to drive 4 hours to get this one.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome to the best forum on the internet. We need more pictures of that thing... looks awesome and sounds like a well put-together beast! :bow:

Sfisher

Basic User
CJ-8.com Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
Yeah I'm hoping to get some tomorrow out at the off road park close by the house. I can't tell you how excited I am to get out there.

TXtrailbuggy

It sure is smokey in here
SOA Member
City
Kyle
State
TX
Sfisher said:
Yeah I'm hoping to get some tomorrow out at the off road park close by the house. I can't tell you how excited I am to get out there.
Just bought it and already trying to break it :smokin:

Thats what I'm talking about :D

Welcome

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
It's very nice to see a close neighbor on here, I'm up the road in Pollock Pines. I'll be happy to share some local trail knowledge and hope to run into you soon. I swapped over to a Hemi in mine recently just in time for the snow which I understand you might also be enjoying down your way. You'll enjoy this forum!

Sfisher

Basic User
CJ-8.com Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
Bugman said:
It's very nice to see a close neighbor on here, I'm up the road in Pollock Pines. I'll be happy to share some local trail knowledge and hope to run into you soon.
That would be sweet. I've done Rubicon a few times in my 7 and a few trails around in Alpine County but would love to maybe hook up sometime and also check out the Hemi.

mikecj8

Legacy Registered User
City
Nevada City
State
ca
Nice looking Scrambler, btw I'm not too far away in Nevada City....Not sure if you are getting snow today but I am getting dumped on...

Sfisher

Basic User
CJ-8.com Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
Of course not even 24 hours into Scrambler ownership I've already got wrenches to it. Trying to track down a brake light issue. Everything works but and the switch is good. Oh well. Life of a Jeep owner. Love it.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Welcome!

Nice Scrambler. Look forward to meeting you at a future National Scramble.

What brand is your full top?

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Interesting...mine only has a center handle. Mine is very similar to the stock CJ hardtop rear hatch. Basically, center handle that turns connecting rods that keep it closed. They must have had a few design variations...

Sfisher

Basic User
CJ-8.com Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
Yeah my CJ7's had the center handle but this one has two keyed handles. One on each end of the door. Like you said just a design change I assume.

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
How well does your rear window frame fit the opening??? Mine has good fitting on the passenger side but the driver side has a very good sized gap (1/2-3/4 inch or more). Just curious...

As far as handles, a worst case scenario would be to just buy all the parts for the rear CJ hatch from 4wd, drill a center hole, and patch the holes you have. Probably not the cheapest option, but would work...

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Just to state. My ACME top is like Thoma's, center handle with bars to each side.

Truck