• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My First Scrambler

JeffsLJ

City
Louisville
State
KY
It is a 1982 base model with only 32,338 original miles.

2-owner
Automatic transmission
Rust free
Original paint
Original interior
Vintage Ramsey winch

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Welcome, looks like a great find.

As always, need more pictures.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Great find, congratulations! :wave:

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Gorgeous. Give me a call if you want to sell it
tenor.gif

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
It is a 1982 base model with only 32,338 original miles.

2-owner
Automatic transmission
Rust free
Original paint
Original interior
Vintage Ramsey winch
This is definitely an SR, not a base model. Looks like maybe had an engine rebuild/repaint? Beautiful Jeep! Nice find!

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Can we get a closer look at this?
D30.jpeg

JeffsLJ

City
Louisville
State
KY
This is definitely an SR, not a base model. Looks like maybe had an engine rebuild/repaint? Beautiful Jeep! Nice find!
I assumed that it was a base. I thought the SR package had a tach and clock, and other options?

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
False alarm... in the other photo the casting seam looked like a crack. :crazy:

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
What a nice clean Scrambler.

I'd almost drive a slushbox for that one. Almost.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
I assumed that it was a base. I thought the SR package had a tach and clock, and other options?
Tach and clock (and other options) were . . . optional(?) on the SR/Renegade trims. The tach and clock always were on the SL/Laredo trims. The SR/Renegade is easily distinguished by the decal package you have, the dash trim around the gauge cluster, the high back denim-style seats, the steering wheel you have (although we've seen this wheel apparently show up in at least one base model too), aluminum rocker trim, and the white wheels with center caps and a black stripe. You most certainly own an SR.

My '84 CJ-7 was a Renegade, and came with all of the above. It also had the factory wiper delay, and power steering. (But not power brakes.) At the same time, a base model (or SR) could be outfitted with additional equipment too: the base model '85 my dad bought new came with high back denim-style seats, tach/clock, smoker's package, tilt steering, power steering, power brakes, driver's tilt seat base, . . . I can't think of anything else. Either way, it was extremely well optioned for a base model. But it had no decals, no dash trim, no rocker guards, and the base model steering wheel.