my girl gets a face lift

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
we've owned our rig for about 8 years and been wheeling it for about 4. she's treated us real good so we thought we'ed return the favor. bought it stock and have been adding ever since...you know how it goes. still running the 20 and 30 axle combo with a few up grades. running revolvers in the front AND LOVE THEM !!! here's i few pics of how she started...

here's how she looks now...

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Really sweet!!! Like the cage and the color. Some of my favorite rims too.

:thumbsup:

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
it was in pretty much perfect shape when i bought it...then someone took me wheeling. my wife has never put any money into it so when she offered to pay for paint supplies i jumped at it !!! she actually was coming up to the shop and helping !! we spent 2 weeks of after work late night to get it done.

Orionn

Vehicular Packrat
City
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
State
Mi
Looks NIce!! :thumbsup:

What color was the original green? I need to paint mine and I am looking at very dark greens and blues

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
not sure what the origanal green was. i bought it that way. the original stock color was white. the color now is mopar sassy grassy green. in retrospect i probably would have went with black primer a smig deeper color... but i thought it came out pretty nice anyway.

Bushmaster6

Legacy Registered User
City
the Springs
State
CO
Chef,

any details on the build of that roll cage?

Tried finding Masson, FL on google maps.. no joy. Not sure where in FL you are but I'm in PNS-FWB area.

BM6

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
Chef,

any details on the build of that roll cage?

Tried finding Masson, FL on google maps.. no joy. Not sure where in FL you are but I'm in PNS-FWB area.

BM6
only wish i could do tube work. i'm located in clearwater. my friend turbo at TTP is the one who does all my fab work. he built the cage, sliders,shock hoops and upper rub rails. i'm not machanic so turbo guides me through A LOT of my issues.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
First off, great looking scrambler. I have not seen a rock rail or slider over the rear wheels before. While Im sure it has been done before, are they just attached like a normal slider through the tub? Are they mainly for keeping off of trees where you wheel? They would take some getting used to for me visually...

:cheers:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I really like the slider tube up high, I think it goes well with the cage.

I hadn't noticed the sweet job you did on the flat fenders. Those are just cut-up stockers, right? Love the detail on how they drop down to keep the stock side marker! :smokin:

Are the smoked front turn signals an aftermarket part? Never seen them. Did you just paint your headlight trim rings yourself?

The more I look at this the more and more I love it, great rig!! Really, really awesome color, especially with the black cage and othe highlights! :cheers:

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
i crushed in both sides of the tub just behind the door on rock cliffs. that's right ROCK CLIFFS IN FLORIDA !! you just have to know where to find them !! thats why we added the tubes up top. they go through the tub and are welded to the cage. we used door trim inside the holes then slid the tube through.it sealed it up nicely. the rear is welded to the diamond plate which i added a while back after crushing in both corners. the tire carrier he made is removale so we can still load the camping gear and strap the tire on top of the cage. all the black is rattle can semi gloss...easy touch up after a day on the trail. turbo smoked the lights with clear coat with a little black added. they sell clear smoked paint at the parts store and i'm sure it would be an easy fix. i really struggled with cutting the fenders but after chewing up my new swamper 33's i had no choice. i wanted to keep some of the stock look thats why i cut around the side marker. cut the rear and used tj fender flairs of corse. went to 36's and have had no rubbing issues. thank you for all your kind comments. most of my friends wonder how i can wheel it now. i promised my wife NO DAMAGE till after jeep beach in daytona next month...then it's on again !! planning a trip to georgia in the fall. can't wait !!! i've read a lot of differing info on the effectiveness of revolver shackles. i thought i'd give them a try...i'll never go back until i coil over !!

you may notice in the first pic stock drag link and tie rod. the second one has the new tie rod and drag link with kevlar hime joints and knuckle flip also built by turbo at TTP...he's obviuosly a good guy to have around !!!!

Last edited:

Orionn

Vehicular Packrat
City
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
State
Mi
Looks Sweet!!

Alot of guys I know run Missing links and Revolvers. most do like them.
I will be doing a partial Exocage on mine as well, I need the interior space.
I have seen several people run the tube around the top of the tub just for that reason of not crushing the body.
Overall the cage was nicely executed! :smokin: