LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Easton
State
CT
So,

After much research, too much time on my hands, still working and getting paid :bacon:, a 48-year old body, and refusing to actually look at my 401k, this happened:

IMG_20200422_140202.jpg
I'm pretty psyched. Had to do a jackshaft door opener, but as you can see, my garage has crazy high ceilings.

IMG_20200417_131022.jpg

So, yea, this is awesome. No room for a 2-post - my garage is way too narrow. I think the pics below is actually not at the highest stop, but it's going to take me some time to really be comfortable under there. Just instinct, I think.

IMG_20200422_150916.jpg IMG_20200422_151022.jpg

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Looks like a great tire care setup. I’m with you on nervous about going under there without secondary supports in place.

I tried running a jack shaft opener, but had nothing but trouble. My door is 16’ wide and fully insulated, so that made matters worse. I hope you have better luck than I did.

CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Easton
State
CT
There's a lot more room under there then you might think. Probably can't do my transfer case, or transmission stuff, but springs, axles, steering, and most of the back, like the gas tank and other stuff, is all readily accessible. I can even get to the oil drain plug. Just need to rig a little something up to direct the oil into the catch pan. Shouldn't be too hard.

After my wallet recovers, I may pick up a few of those extra tall jack stands so I can support the corners if I really have to wail on it

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I’ve thought about getting a lift for a long time. My current garage only has 8’ ceilings, so I would be looking at a single post portable unit I could move to the driveway when needed.

It sure would make certain tasks much easier.