My work life just got 10x better . . . (new ride in the stable)

CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Well, some history here. I have a work car for my job. We are hard on vehicles. Mostly, they are rental-grade in terms of options, cheaper is better, etc.

From '01 to '06 I rolled a '99 Buick Century.

From '06 to Aug '09 I had an '04 Chevy Impala (at least it was a 3800 engine)

From Aug '09 until last week, I had a Kiwi green, Ford Escape Hybrid obtained in a manner similar to cash for clunkers. What a POS, 2WD, NO balls whatsoever. Microsoft Sync was kinda cool, but I HATED that Escape.

Now - I'm all good:

2010 Grand - best part:

Oh yea. This thing is RIDICULOUS! Comes with whatever they are calling the full-time 4WD and you get low range.

I spend A LOT of time in my car for work, and don't pay for gas or repairs, so I'm wicked happy about this and my 357 HP / 390 lb/ft of torque.

Still love the Scrambler - doors off run today here in CT, it was about 50* But man do I want a HEMI for the 8.

kohldad

SOA Member
City
Goose Creek
State
SC
Now just sneak a 2" budget boost on it for a little better stance. If it has the electronic traction system, it's a decent on light trails too - just in case the main road is jammed with traffic.

Least you don't have to work on it. I've been working on the heater core in my 02 for about 20 hours and still don't have it out, much less starting the 4 hour process to reinstall the dash.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Now just sneak a 2" budget boost on it for a little better stance. If it has the electronic traction system, it's a decent on light trails too - just in case the main road is jammed with traffic.

Least you don't have to work on it. I've been working on the heater core in my 02 for about 20 hours and still don't have it out, much less starting the 4 hour process to reinstall the dash.
Eric, my son just did this in his (my old) '02 Limited. He used one of the aftermarket solutions that involved just cutting into the ducts and replacing the broken control doors. It took less than 2 hours, start to end and about $200 for the parts. No removing the dash.