• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Name this part.........

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
No idea. It was in a box of "stuff" on the shelf. I'm thinking part of the hood prop rod? What say you?......

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Thanks in advance

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Yep, the "U" holds the plastic retainer on the temp control cable.

attachment.php

Last edited:

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I saw that they had one of these threads over on classic broncos. It could be like the CL finds/what's on your workbench type

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
What ever happened to the "Scrambler with a" picture thread? I tried to find it but must not of searched the right wording.

CJocho

CJ-8 Member
City
CHICAGO
State
Il
A little help needed with where this part goes. I'm pretty confident it goes on a leaf spring but not sure which one. Also, what is used for? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20190325_211318.jpg
    20190325_211318.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190325_211438.jpg
    20190325_211438.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 13

CJocho

CJ-8 Member
City
CHICAGO
State
Il
Thank you, Barrys and FLCJ8. Anyone have a picture of it on? I'm assuming it goes on the driver side leaf spring but I'm not sure how to secure it. Is it just sandwiched between the spring and plate?

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Thank you, Barrys and FLCJ8. Anyone have a picture of it on? I'm assuming it goes on the driver side leaf spring but I'm not sure how to secure it. Is it just sandwiched between the spring and plate?
It goes between the spring pack and the mount pad of the axle on the DS. (of LHD CJ's)

This has always caused me to wonder if this contributes to the "Jeep Lean" as I have never seen a spacer added to the other side of the vehicle. :unsure:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
It goes between the spring pack and the mount pad of the axle on the DS. (of LHD CJ's)

This has always caused me to wonder if this contributes to the "Jeep Lean" as I have never seen a spacer added to the other side of the vehicle. :unsure:

It's very thin relatively so I guess AMC thought it was ok without. But yes it's not helping the equation to the lean as it effectively lowers the LH side just a pinch

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
AG do you mind if I post here once in a while ? You can then assign points to others If you like..

Here is one special bolt used in only one place on the entire run of all scramblers (but it is not scrambler specific) and 2 are used and no where else.

If this works for you , also any part I post will be specific to any factory production Scrambler. That way it limits it to what this site is about but also applies to general late CJ knowledge.
IMG_2307.JPG

Skidmark

Scrambler Rookie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Sanford
State
FL
Is that the bolt that holds the tailgate cables?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Jersey,

My post is in ramblings, this is a different "name that part" thread.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I'm the guy that started this thread. Post away if you'd like. No points or prizes here though. Jersey, glad to have you back in here mixing it up with us.

That's one of 2 bolts for the brake pedal linkage