• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Need bolts...

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
I need 2 bolts that hold the shoulder seat belts to the roll bar (preferably from a CJ-5 or 7 that are not as long as the ones that go through our half tops)...

Also, I need 4 bolts that bolt the slider mechanism to my seats. Regular bolts rub and make the slider not work that well...

txsbill

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
I don't know the thread count but....

I rplaced mine as well..They were 7/16" fine thread. Be sure to buy at least a grade 5 bolt. I used grade 8. You'll have to go to a "real" hardware store, I know my local home depot and lowes don't even carry 7/16" bolts. While you are there, look to see if they have 1/4x20 "star" cap screws for the seat sliders. That's what I called them anyway. If you can't find them, lemme know, I know my local hardware store has them.

BurntOrange

Hook 'em Horns!
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
My local Lowe's actually has a decent fastener dept with standard and metric stuff, grade 8, etc. I've never found a Home Depot with a good fastener section, and was surprised with my Lowe's. I think it just depends on the city and the store.

Blzbro

S.O.A. Member
City
Centerville
State
IN
Farm supply stores, like Orschlin or TSC usually have good nut & bolt selections.

Marine-OpLaw

'ANTIQUATED' PackRat
City
Fredericksburg
State
VA
Lowe's is hit-n-miss here in N. VA

BurntOrange said:
My local Lowe's actually has a decent fastener dept with standard and metric stuff, grade 8, etc. I've never found a Home Depot with a good fastener section, and was surprised with my Lowe's. I think it just depends on the city and the store.

Our local Lowe's carries a pretty good selection of hardware (different grades/materials of bolts, nuts, & other neat 'stuff')... But, usually when I go looking for a specific size, the DANG bin is empty! :mad: All the bins around it are chuck-full, just the exact size I need at the time is sold out. Grrrrrrr...

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
If I remember right you have about 4-5 five gallon 'bins' of bolts...you don't have what you need in there!!! :eek: :D

Truck