Need picture of PS belt path on 258

Scramblin_Jim

Legacy Registered User
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
I am adding PS to my 83 Scrambler with a 258 engine. I went to AutoZone yesterday to buy the belt and they couldn't find it in their system.

I assumed this was straight forward install. The PS has it's own belt right? What would the part number be for it? I am running a "v" belt setup and with electric radiator fan.

A picture or diagram would be of great help. Any tips or suggestion to the install and adjustment would be great also.

Thanks,
Jim

Bushmaster6

Legacy Registered User
City
the Springs
State
CO
two belts

mine has two belts. one for PS and one for the ALT.. not a head on shot but you should be able to get the idea..

Scramblin_Jim

Legacy Registered User
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Thanks for the picture.

Looks like the belt only goes around the PS pulley and the inner pulley on the fan, is that correct? If possible, can you read a number on the belt? I called NAPA and they said it was part number 29-9465.

4miles

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Mine is set up a little different with three belts. Here is a picture.

Last edited:

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
stafford
State
va
Thanks for the picture.

Looks like the belt only goes around the PS pulley and the inner pulley on the fan, is that correct? If possible, can you read a number on the belt? I called NAPA and they said it was part number 29-9465.
belt goes around the PS pulley---the water pump pulley---"and" the crank pulley....4MILE IS FASTER THAN I AM
photos may not help ,but here they are anyway

Last edited: