Need pictures please...have a possible new desire...

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
My goal forever was to use my ACME full hard top with some wrangler steel half doors and fiberglass uppers. However, top removal is a feat (I use to be able to remove my old AJ's top by myself...but last time I tried to remove the ACME top by myself...I had to pick it and myself up off the ground).

I took the top off in June and have not put it back on...and fell in love with topless driving again! So, now I am debating a full soft top. My largest issues are:

1) security. Nothing I can do about this...it was an issue with my old CJ-7 too

2) looks. The older full tops weren't really very attractive, if I recall correctly but my memory is poor..and I have heard that the new tops look different.

So, if any of you have pictures of the full soft top...post em up for me please...
Thanks

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
I like the little window behind the door on your Jeep... Also prefer how flat the top is (not "puffed up looking" like the super top. However, I think I like the "no snaps" on the supertop. I have also seen some tops that had larger rear window area.

Is there a list of current soft top manufacturers? Positives or negatives about each top??

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Yeah, the snaps can be unsightly...I have probably double the number of holes in my tub from previous snaps for different tops ( I bought mine like the way it is pictured). The snaps do provide a reliable hold for the top though and it is very easy to roll up the sides safari style. The Supertop apparently can have some problems with holding down the sides at highway speeds if not installed well.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I like the little window behind the door on your Jeep... Also prefer how flat the top is (not "puffed up looking" like the super top. However, I think I like the "no snaps" on the supertop. I have also seen some tops that had larger rear window area.

Is there a list of current soft top manufacturers? Positives or negatives about each top??
Yeah: Bestop

Done.

No options and the word is that they've discontinued the tiger top. It went on sale everywhere at once. If you want new, it's be stop or someone selling something else NOS.

I have a thread on here about my bestop experience with a new super top, not fun.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
So I guess I need to go ahead and buy another Tigertop ASAP if I want one in the future, huh?

zeeksta

Legacy Registered User
City
essex
State
ct
i actually just bought a supertop for my scrambler i was skeptical because of the trouble had on here but it went together well and seems to be of good quality, so far so good!

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Hmmm...maybe I should just invest in one of those winch things to remove the top... Seems like it would be easier.

breckwrecking

Narrow Tracker
City
Kittery
State
ME
Ogres, thats a good comparison shot of the two different tops, tiger top and the super top in that last pic. It kinda looks like the tiger top sags a little bit by the rear windows? or is that just a trick of the camera?

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
That one is mine and yes, it sags a little in the back...I don't know that the previous owner installed it as well as I would have. I think with the right install, there would be a tighter fit. The bracket for the bows seems to be a little too forward so there isn't enough adjustment for the rear of the top. Also, the more you sinch down the straps in the back , it tends to make the rear sag a bit BUT it makes things quieter on the road.

For what it's worth, I actually prefer the tigertop with the snaps and the ability to roll up the sides.