gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I had them on the Scrambler when I first got it. They worked fine. Just rusted out quicker than the frame.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
They are a little thinner than the frame. They work great in the parking lot for knuckle heads who don't give a rats a-- about your jeep

inverse121

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dutchess County
State
NY
Here is mine with clearly CJ7 nerf bars, they appear to use factory frame holes, they are on my list for replacement...

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
If it is not getting wheeled, go stock steps. Or if you will go off road, go with sliders with the step buit in. I have custom made square tube sliders that weee made to stick out and be a step. They cost me $120 from a local welder.

Btw, yours looks too nice to just have the nerf on it. You definitely need the stock steps on that beauty.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Here is mine with clearly CJ7 nerf bars, they appear to use factory frame holes, they are on my list for replacement...

When I mounted my nerf bars, I set them back a little so that they were more centered under the door. At least the best I could before the change in the frame width.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
There are no factory frame holes for these to mount in. When I mounted mine I drilled into the frame. There might have been one hole but the rest were drilled

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I'm really thinking stock steps myself. I was baiting you guys. IF I were to go with nerf bars they would have to have a step built in. Since I pretty much got it to sleeper status I think stock steps would add to the look. My 81 that I sold had Nerf bars. Not sure where they came from.

Attachments

Mancunian

Basic User
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
Does anyone have a pair of these that they could measure the overall length, I'm wondering how they fit front-back on the frame and if there is room to mount them off auxiliary plates as per SCJeeper did. Or even better a picture of where they mount to the frame