New guy, first time posting

Cursivearmy

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Lincoln
State
Ne
Howdy folks, been a member here for maybe a year or so, can't remember, but thought Id finally try to post up a picture of my 1982 Scrambler.

I've owned this truck for 23 of its 33 years. It's a base model, unfortunately it use to be white, and for some reason about 1994 I had the body off and painted it this Oxford green metallic. It's always been garaged and not used in the winter so it's really clean, but it's now time for the body to be redone.

The original 258 bit the big one in 1993, so a SBC has been in there since, and was again rebuilt 2 years ago.

4" suspension and 33 BFGKM2's, have the original 15x8 steel wheels, and hope to use them again someday.
Last year I put in a new SM465 Novak 4speed with a new from them Dana 300.

So much more to do but it's always been save a bit, do some work and then enjoy for a while, any how, thanks for all the help from the great posts. I also just joined the SOA and hope to make it to the rally in the black hills this june

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/...3-0495-44D9-8B84-B3052F7EF084_zpsscrm6tfp.jpg

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
That is a sharp looking rig. Now I'm curious as to what it looked like when it was white. Any archived pictures??

Cursivearmy

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Lincoln
State
Ne
Here are two crummy pictures of old pictures. I have no idea what I did with the stock bumper. It probably got lost at my dads old shop. I just found my factory white 15x8 steel wheels out at my aunts farm.

I plan on redoing the scrambler this winter or next, and haven't decided what direction to go paint wise. As you can see by the old photos it was just the base model. My favorite thing it had though, that I got from the original owner is the OEM floor mats and full OEM Bed mat.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Here are two crummy pictures of old pictures. I have no idea what I did with the stock bumper. It probably got lost at my dads old shop. I just found my factory white 15x8 steel wheels out at my aunts farm.

I plan on redoing the scrambler this winter or next, and haven't decided what direction to go paint wise. As you can see by the old photos it was just the base model. My favorite thing it had though, that I got from the original owner is the OEM floor mats and full OEM Bed mat.
Take it back to white :) It sure looked sharp! Most of us have base models, by the way.

Covet those floor mats and bed mat. You could put your kids through college...or at least pay for their first year's worth of books by liquidating them!

Cursivearmy

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Lincoln
State
Ne
Dangit, didn'tknow the floor mats and bed mat were that desirable, glad I never lost them or something. I've had this truck since I was 17 and I'm 40 now, so you know I hauled it through all my "idiot guy" years. My wife would argue I'm still in them:)

I'll tell you what I'd love is a whole scrambler worth of big OEM mudflaps. I've got a wierd thing for mudflaps.

As I get ready to redo the body again I definetly am headed back towards white. Nice and simple.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Great looking Scrambler!! The bed mat and floor mats are rare and desirable for sure. So is the rear bumper, especially the end caps, if you ever locate it.

Cursivearmy

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Lincoln
State
Ne
Hey thanks! Im trying to get it going in the right direction again.

Dang, I had the original bumper and both those end caps up until at least 2009, but then my parents moved out of the house I grew up in and I fear that bumper is lost to the wind. I don't want to put it back on but since I have the oter original items including the front bumper it would be cool to have both,

I really just need to get the double tube one off the back. For now I just plan on making the rear a rock hard unit like the front.

Cursivearmy

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Lincoln
State
Ne
Hey cool! I see your in Omaha, my folks live there, also just realized we joined this forum the same year. It's taken me awhile to post!

Any pics of yours? You don't see too many in the state any more.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Should that be suck at the internets?

Great scrambler cursivearmy. As good as it looks now I'm pretty sure there'll be numerous comments about going back to Olympic White.

Cursivearmy

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Lincoln
State
Ne
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! I'm hoping to do the body and paint this winter, and going back to Olympic white was the plan. You know how it goes when you are 19 and think you have nothing but great ideas:) that's how it ended up green.

Now that I'm 40 I really would like it to be the original color. Then I'll be able to use the stock 15x8 white steelies. I don't think I'll add the stripe package as it never had them, as much as I like the stripes.

The green paint that's on there now is best viewed from about 15 feet:) it's time to change.

The scrambler came from very western nebraska, almost Wyoming , from a lady who bought it new. It has only ever had a couple spots of seam and surface rust, and always garaged by myself and the previous owner. I live on the eastern sued of the state and we have way more moisture, so this is the time to take it back to bare metal and start fresh again. I'll post pictures when this happens.

So quick question for you all:

Would you go back to Olympic white with just the scrambler decals on the hood, as original, or would you take the liberty to put a stripe kit on it, even though as a base scrambler it didn't have them?

I appreciate any input or info, I'm happy to start being a part of this forum

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I'd put it back exactly as stock. Nothing at all wrong with a base model and I, personally, love me some white Scrambler!!! :cheers:

Glad to see you post and really nice Scrambler! :headbang:

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Full decal kit from Phoenix. You'll get a ton of support from this mob for the return to stock.