New Here, Time to say Hi

Torch

Basic User
City
Wilmington
State
NC
New here and thought I would say hi and introduce myself and my project. I memberd up on a chopper forum a few years back and made some good friends and got a ton of info. I'm a professional Firefighter in NC and have been a gear head since shortly after diapers. I have had a CJ5, 7, and now my Holy Grail of Jeepdom a CJ8. I've wanted one from the first time I saw it as a kid and 30 years later I finally got one. A little rough around the edges but it's mine now. I found an all original unmolested 93000 original mile Scrambler in Knoxville tenn. It even still has the original jack and lug wrench on board. Also the original Jepp bed mat (which explains the bed floor rot. I'm going to frame up build this one with a replacement frame from a donor, it came with the one I bought so I'm not guilty of cutting one up. The original frame is broken in all the wrong places so I decided to start the build on the donor. I's been Christmas in Feb. for me as UPS has been making daily stops at my house. So far new 4" lift, 1-1/2" lift shackles, new gears front and rear, new gas tank, new poly bushings throughout, new body frame mounts, shocks, wheels and tires. I'll post a few before pics now and probably a ton as my son and I get r done. Any input appreciated.

Torch

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Do you know if the wheels in the picture the originals? I'm also doing a frame up restoration but I'm going back as factory original as possible and I'm looking for pics of all original parts.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Welcome! You found the right place to hang out! Looks like a good place to start, and also like a fair amount of work. Good call on the frame. Well, keep the pictures coming, and feel free to ask questions!

Torch

Basic User
City
Wilmington
State
NC
ZR10054 yes it is all original right down to the wheels, If there are any specific pics you want before I disassemble it let me know, I already have a ton of before pics so let me know. If you are looking for originals I might be talked into swapping, trading,selling some of mine.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
ZR10054 yes it is all original right down to the wheels, If there are any specific pics you want before I disassemble it let me know, I already have a ton of before pics so let me know. If you are looking for originals I might be talked into swapping, trading,selling some of mine.
Thanks, I'll keep all that in mind