• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New Scrambler ?

RobF

Basic User
City
Barnes
State
KS
Interesting, but we'll probably never see a production model in the states:(

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
I like the fact that there is little overhang back there. I don't really care if they ever make another "Scarmbler", if they don't mine should be worth more right?

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Newsflash....there will never be another "Scrambler- CJ8" :(
What we have is it!
They might make a version sold in Europe or Israel but they aren't real Scramblers...

PostalCJ-8

Basic User
The wheel base of the Storm M240 is the same as a CJ-8. The only differences are that it comes in bobbed or unbobbed length, the front sheet metal and drive line is more of a YJ (4.0 liter and other YJ internals), and there is an optional D60 rear end. With all the problems I have seen with the TJ's around me, I would go for a Storm before I would think about a streched TJ.

RobF

Basic User
City
Barnes
State
KS
PostalCJ-8, Thanks for the link! They make some awesome vehicles!

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
definitely not a scrambler

No, nothing can ever really be compared to the real scrambler. But, this was definitely scrambler inspired.. ....And is part scrambler.. well ok.. just a set of genuine 82 scrambler tailgate hinges and genuine recycled scrambler tailgate.

12" stretched 97 TJ..

p-DSC00313.JPG

p-DSC00289.JPG

p-DSC00309.JPG

Last edited:

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
another reference to it

This actually might start to have some merit to it. A different article and some quotes from an actual DC representative.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5078&n=156,173&sid=173

Look about halfway down on the page for the article.

I see the biggest obstacle to DC actually building something for the US market is the new safety standards that they would have to live up to in a even more "open" vehicle such as a LWB TJ/Scrambler. If I remember correctly, I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the next gen Wrangler was going to have to conform to side airbag curtains. And the biggest challenge for engineers is where do you hide a side airbag in a rollbar?

This really will be interesting to see what comes of this, if anything.

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
EVEN MORE NEWS

I did not go to camp jeep, but I found a couple more articles information on it. They had 2 more different stretch TJs that were on display at Camp Jeep apparently. And people are saying that they were not AEV ones.

Here is the thread .. on rockcrawler.com

http://www.rockcrawler.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001519

and even a couple pictures of them..

disk207F__scaled_512.jpg

tj8.jpg

they even went for the wood siderails. But, no rear overhang. And I sure would like to see how they did the rollbar and/or what the inside of that bed looked like.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
ahhh

Sorry, takes me awhile to warm up to things sometimes, interesting- though. I know a friend who was at camp Jeep & watched them unveil it..

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Nice if you like new Jeeps. I wonder how serious they are about producing this in the future?

CJ8R

CJ8 Owner
City
Laramie
State
WY
TJ8

I do not like the looks of the Stretched TJ with the half cab and bed rails. It is ugly to say the least. They need to make one the same proportions as the original srambler. ie same rear overhang and same wheelbase. Make the half cab the same as a Scrambler and then put a modern day TJ rollbar behind the half cab just like the original Scrambler. I wish I was good with computer designing so that I could make a mock up of what I envision, Im sure it would look better than their prototype.

FELNTPSY

Booty Fab Master
City
Morehead City
State
NC
don't know

The maroon one looks pretty sweet...all they need to do is manufacter it just like a streched RUBICON series TJ and add a fast-back soft top and I think folks would go for it. >>>>>I might even have to copy Matt and get one myself........All I need is ONE more project to keep me busy, right????

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Heck yeah!

That maroon one ought to be the only thing Jeep sells!!

Somehow I don't mind the Wrangler-ish look so much when it's stretched out that way.

If they offered a squared off roll cage and a hard top, they'd have something to compete with the explorer that can actually go off road!

Me likey big time! :D :cool: